Daily Lucky Numbers:

Arcade and SMF 2.1.x?

Started by thedukeisnotdead, June 07, 2015, 07:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedukeisnotdead

This is not to be meant as a support question but rather question about the Arcades future.

Are there any plan to migrate the current versions over to SMF 2.1.x?

Thanks

Dukie

Chen Zhen

thedukeisnotdead,

Yes I plan to make it compatible with the SMF 2.1(.X) branch although at this time I am preoccupied with other unrelated projects.

Regards.

Chen Zhen

Just an update...
I already have an update I am working on that functions with the SMF 2.1.X branch as well as many other fixes.
The thing I am working on at this time is an extra template. I can't promise any release date but I should have time to finish a release candiidate within a month.

Regards.

bigguy

Chen Zhen

It's on my GitHub page right now but the B template does not function just yet although other fixes are in place & it works for SMF 2.1.
I have not had time to work on it much lately.
When completed I plan to allow an option (permission granted) for the user to opt between the 3 templates which will be saved to the db.
Unfortunately most mobile devices do not use flash by default although with the new battery tech coming out soon that may change again.
There are browsers for portable devices that have flash built-in but using flash will drain the battery quite fast with the current tech used.

bigguy

I think I had it installed on the last new site I opened. I'm pretty sure I did.

Chen Zhen

The SMF 2.1 version has only been publicly available on my GitHub account since Aug. 19th.

Chen Zhen

There was an issue with a db function what I just fixed (on the GitHub download).
A function that worked on the SMF 2.0.X branch seems to have been omitted & is also removed from the SMF wiki.
I will assume it was deprecated at some point.
Anyhow it has now been removed from the installer.

Chen Zhen

Issue:

read_tgz_file function possibly changed in the SMF 2.1.X branch?!

Tested: SMF 2.0.X branch -> works fine
Tested: SMF 2.1.X branch -> games will not install / read_tgz_file() issue

... solution is currently pending.

Chen Zhen

Note: Current updates only available on GitHub until known pending issues/changes have been applied.

fixed:
- use of read_tgz_file function changed to unique subroutines
- allowance of uploading tar file fixed
- other various fixes/changes shown on github history for Dec 1/2015

pending known issues/changes:

- Defiant template incomplete
- larger game files require FTP transfer (perhaps change to routine that uploads files in "chunks")

Skhilled

Thanks for keeping us updated. Let me know when you want it tested.

Chen Zhen

You are welcome to test it at any time.
I just added another update a few minutes ago although the Defiant template has not been applied yet.
Unfortunately I had come across other issues that had to be fixed.

Also do note that ~ upload_max_filesize & post_max_size ~ within your php ini file may have to be adjusted higher for uploading game files that exceed your current limits.
This has always been the case with the arcade due to the use of the http protocol for file transference. 
I'm not positive if I can avoid that atm although I have been trying to use another option for uploading (javascript blob).
However I did update the upload template to use an optional HTML5 sub-routine with a progress bar. It will allow multiple files within the single browse window.

Chen Zhen

At the moment the latest updates are only available on my GitHub account which is located in my signature.

Skhilled

When you download it from Github it does not save it properly. It add a 2nd subfolder named "SMF-Arcade-RC4-master" then under that you can see the files. Those who download it and try to install it will not work for them unless they navigate to the subfolder and create a new zip and install that or upload all of the files manually via FTP.

Chen Zhen

It is ok as long as people testing it can figure it out.
The official release will be on this site when it is ready.