Daily Lucky Numbers:

SMF Arcade 2.56.11 games list missing

Started by lurkalot, November 17, 2018, 08:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkalot

Today I bit the bullet and tried upgrading my arcade.  Didn't quite go as well as I'd hoped. 

Uninstalled:  Skin/PDL for Arcade RC2 and then SMF Arcade 2.5

Then installed: SMF Arcade 2.56.11

All went well and no install errors, visited arcade and even played a game.  Thought I'd try and switch to a different layout for the games. Think I changed the "Select List Type" but can't remember what to.  Anyway on going back to the arcade the Games are not displayed, just a game search.  And where they should be showing it says "No games available for playing"  Can't get the list of games to display at all, but can play them if I search.

Logged in as admin.
[attach name=smfarc1.png type=image/png]330[/attach]

Logged out as guest.
[attach name=smfarc2.png type=image/png]332[/attach]

Chen Zhen

The skin with just the search box is the niko original which is dubbed "Classic" in the skin list.
The Arcade now has these options in its admin as defaults but they are also in the user profile area.
Select one of the other skins if you want more than a search input & title.

Three list types are also available which have the same type selection.
Both are available in the admin as defaults but are also available in a user's profile (permission based).

There are different criteria for filtering the list of games.
Clicking on the "Arcade" link on the nav bar should reset the list filter.
You can also try to hover over the "Type" button and select "All types".
There are also drop-downs on skins that allow different filtering.
Try using the Enterprise skin and use the drop-down to select "A-Z" or "Latest - No category".

Chen Zhen

Just a side note for using the search function:

It will only search for game names in the current list selection.
So if you are within a specific category or "Latest - No Category" it will use those rules in its search.
If you want to search all games then you should be in the "Latest", "A-Z" or "Z-A' type of list.

It remembers your list type selection in the database.
Whichever you choose, it will remember it until you opt otherwise.
It is not session based.

lurkalot

Thanks.  That helps.  Though this has changed a lot since I last did any testing. lol.. 

Ok, so now I have the top parts showing, including the categories, and the info center at the bottom.

But to get the games to show down the page I have to either click the word "Games" or the little sort triangle on the Games bar.  Every time I visit that page I have to click it. How can I make them stay open?

Chen Zhen

I do not get that behavior.
Does it happen on the WebDev arcade?

Are you using a mod that shortens url's ?

Chen Zhen

Quote from: lurkalot on November 17, 2018, 12:34:36 PMThanks.  That helps.  Though this has changed a lot since I last did any testing. lol.. 

If you want to become a beta tester, it will be appreciated & you are more than welcome to join the beta team.
Just ask and I can enable that membergroup for you.
More people testing means it will be less likely to have issues on stable releases.

lurkalot

Quote from: Chen Zhen on November 17, 2018, 01:34:34 PMI do not get that behavior.
Does it happen on the WebDev arcade?

Are you using a mod that shortens url's ?

Nope, no mod shat shortens urls.  I have a few mods only.  It's on my Camera Craniums site where I've been running SMF arcade for several years. I'm only upgrading stuff ready for the move to PHP7.+

lurkalot

Quote from: Chen Zhen on November 17, 2018, 01:55:58 PM
Quote from: lurkalot on November 17, 2018, 12:34:36 PMThanks.  That helps.  Though this has changed a lot since I last did any testing. lol.. 

If you want to become a beta tester, it will be appreciated & you are more than welcome to join the beta team.
Just ask and I can enable that membergroup for you.
More people testing means it will be less likely to have issues on stable releases.

Sure, I'll gladly help with testing. Might not be able to put as much time in as others though, as quite busy with other stuff.  But will make the effort where I can.

Chen Zhen

You are now a beta tester.
Welcome aboard!

The beta board has a SMF Arcade v2.56.12-beta1 package available.
There is something applied to reset the list when the Arcade button/link is used in the SMF nav bar.
Please test it to see if it fixes the issue you reported.

Thanks.

lurkalot

Thanks, I'll give it a go.  ;)

The last version I tested was SMF Arcade 2.56 which is still on my live test site. That doesn't misbehave like that either. lol..  Perhaps I'll try the latest version on there.  It's set up more or less the same as my CC site.

xMaster

Quote from: lurkalot on November 17, 2018, 12:34:36 PMBut to get the games to show down the page I have to either click the word "Games" or the little sort triangle on the Games bar.  Every time I visit that page I have to click it. How can I make them stay open?

I can confirm that is the same with me

lurkalot

Quote from: Chen Zhen on November 17, 2018, 02:29:32 PMThe beta board has a SMF Arcade v2.56.12-beta1 package available.
There is something applied to reset the list when the Arcade button/link is used in the SMF nav bar.
Please test it to see if it fixes the issue you reported.

Thanks.

I can confirm that it does fix the issue.  Displays fine now.  Thank you.

Chen Zhen

Thanks for testing it.

I'll leave this beta for a bit so any other reported issues can be fixed before another stable release.

xMaster

Quote from: lurkalot on November 17, 2018, 12:34:36 PMBut to get the games to show down the page I have to either click the word "Games" or the little sort triangle on the Games bar.  Every time I visit that page I have to click it. How can I make them stay open?

Is there a quick solution that keeps the list open?

MfG

Chen Zhen

Quote from: xMaster on November 18, 2018, 04:09:25 AMIs there a quick solution that keeps the list open?

Use a proper editor such as notepad++ (not MS Notepad)
https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

edit file:
../Sources/ArcadeHooks.php

find:
$sort = ($_SESSION['current_cat'] == 0 || $_SESSION['current_cat'] == 'all') && $_SESSION['arcade_sortby'] == 'a2z' ? ';default' : ';default';

replace with:
$sort = ';sa=list;sortby=age;dir=desc';