Daily Lucky Numbers:

Game Play

Started by Legionaire, January 18, 2019, 04:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legionaire

New to this forum style/arcade so don't shoot me if this sounds like a dumb question.

Currently I have SMF forum 2.0.15 installed with Arcade version 2.56.11 all is installed and works perfectly except, after I play a game and want to play it again, I get a blank page where the game canvas should be, I am pretty sure I am missing a setting somewhere as I uninstalled everything and re-installed (forum and arcade) and I get the same thing.  I cannot play the game more than once no matter what game it is, any help on this would be appreciated

Is there a way to set the Default game category so that when there are no games in the Unassigned category, that the default category is shown.  IF I move all the games from the unassigned category into a category more appropriately named for the game type (i.e. Mahjong) and I go to the arcade, no games are shown until I click on the category that has games in it

Legionaire

**Update**

I have now installed SMF 2.1 Beta 3 and arcade 2.56.11 and it remains the same, play a game one time and cannot play it again

Chen Zhen

What you can do is disable (uncheck) "Auto Adjust Improper Save Types" in the Arcade->Advanced admin section.
Ensure the game is set to html5v1 or html5v2 save type and it should save score.

This is fixed for the next release but doing the above instruction should allow it to work on v2.56.11.

Legionaire

Quote from: Chen Zhen on January 20, 2019, 08:46:36 PMWhat you can do is disable (uncheck) "Auto Adjust Improper Save Types" in the Arcade->Advanced admin section.
Ensure the game is set to html5v1 or html5v2 save type and it should save score.

This is fixed for the next release but doing the above instruction should allow it to work on v2.56.11.

Sorry this did not work, I guess I will have to wait for the next release, thanks for the reply

Chen Zhen

When the option to auto adjust save types was enabled (prior to you disabling it), it likely changed the game type for your HTML5 games to IBP.

QuoteEnsure the game is set to html5v1 or html5v2 save type and it should save score.

Did you follow the above step by editing one of those games you are having trouble with?
You need to edit them and change the save type to HTML5.

Legionaire

They have all been changed to HTML5 V1 and I have also tried HTML5 V2, same thing

Legionaire

Here is a snap shot of the error log when a game is played and attempts to submit a score, this is using HTML5 v1 as the save game type and also happens when I used HTML5 V2

Legionaire

Finally found the reason that the scores are not submitting everytime, the games I have loaded are from Origon using the NEW save score code, I have loaded an older version of Origon games with the older submit code and the games work fine when selecting HTML5 V1 or HTML5 V2, thanks to Origon for pointing this out to me

Chen Zhen

I'll try testing some of his newer releases.
If he is still using the IBP submit it should work but perhaps he changed it.

[edit..]

Actually the error shows IBP submit.
It should be working with v 2.56.12 as I adjusted it to accept html5 games as ibp save type.
I will likely work on it later this week when I am off work.
Thanks for the report.

Chen Zhen

Please note that the Arcade remembers each member's game type preference in the database.
This means if you want it to show all game types then you need to select that option.
It will record whatever option was previously selected.

origon

We changed the score code, becuse ipb users who have installed there board in a sub directory could not submit with the old score code.

Legionaire

Quote from: Legionaire on January 22, 2019, 10:31:39 AMFinally found the reason that the scores are not submitting everytime, the games I have loaded are from Origon using the NEW save score code, I have loaded an older version of Origon games with the older submit code and the games work fine when selecting HTML5 V1 or HTML5 V2, thanks to Origon for pointing this out to me

There was another reason that I just found that would cause the scores not to work correctly.  In the Arcade Settings in the Admin CP, there are recommended settings for the arcade URL's and for the path, by utilizing the recommended settings I now have the arcade working on two separate sites, one with 2.1 Beta 3 and the other with 2.1 RC1 and having NO problems on either site