Daily Lucky Numbers:

Battle v1.15 Beta Releases

Started by Chen Zhen, January 31, 2014, 10:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NekoJonez

Quote from: underdog on February 15, 2014, 05:15:05 PM
Thanks again to all beta testers and donators who help me out.

Regards.

Thank YOU, Underdog, for listening to the community.
If I was better at coding, I would have helped you with the code. All I can do now, is for some things, look at the code and delete spaces that shouldn't be there or bang my head against my desk why I wasn't able to work out something simple as that :P

In all seriousness, you make a great mod and I will do my utter best to catch every bug and think up idea's to improve the battle mod :D

Chen Zhen

Battle v1.15 Beta5

Download:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=38449757807618666993

Changes:
! fixed display of user avatars
! fixed beta tester redirect link

The Battle changelog and GitGub repo has also been updated.

Chen Zhen

Is this all of the bugs thus far or did I forget something?

NekoJonez,

For language edits, perhaps it would be best to sign up for a GitHub account, create a fork of the Battle mod & issue pull requests (followers are also welcome).
This will allow you to do language file edits on the fly and I can peruse them to ensure they are correct before applying them.
Imo my grammar is fairly good but I do make mistakes.

Regards.

Burt

Quote from: underdog on February 16, 2014, 06:12:11 PM

NekoJonez,

For language edits, perhaps it would be best to sign up for a GitHub account, create a fork of the Battle mod & issue pull requests (followers are also welcome).
This will allow you to do language file edits on the fly and I can peruse them to ensure they are correct before applying them.

Regards.

:D Thanks for fixing the avatar... (BTW I like yours.... ;D)

As per above I can help with Italian But I don't know much about GiHub.....

Hmmm there may be still one bug left, but give me some time to test and confirm it.

Back soon...

Burt

Burt

I just test everything again and I'm all clear here.

I have no more bug to report from my site but...

Questions?

1) If you have no Defence or Attack points left, but you have points in all the others categories, is that normal that your name is not displayed in the Attack window?

2) If you have no Defence or Attack points left, is that normal that you can still attack other members in the attack window?

If the answer to these 2 is yes, then it is all good and I'm done.... 1.15 Beta 5 is good.

Again, thanks Underdog for pushing this mod so far....

Burt

Chen Zhen

Burt,

1) People that are dead do not appear in that list, however people with low or 0 atk/def but still have hp should still appear in that list.
2) If you are dead (no hp) you can not attack people. If those other stats are low I will assume you will die when trying to attack someone just one time which you can test. It should just display a message saying your attack points are too low if those specific points are at 0 (please test).

If you want to translate all language file from this mod to Italian that is fine and would be appreciated. The only thing I am worried about is the size of the mod is getting large and including more files might eventually give people a hard time with installing. You can tell this already with the delay in upload time when installing on a website. To get around this problem I can create a language plug-in that adds the appropriate files I suppose and then add translation files to that. Yes, that will work quite nicely.

NekoJonez

Quote from: underdog on February 16, 2014, 06:12:11 PM

NekoJonez,

Regards.
I might help you fixing the languages then.

Burt

Hi Underdog...

Example:

I have 100 HP but 0 atk and 0 def.... My name will not show up in the battle page for others to kill me, but I can still go in the battle page and fight them. It looks like the mod only check your HP points but not the other level such as atk and def in the battle window.

That is what I said in my previous post... I did not mentioned "hp" points. So if this is what you want the Game to do it's fine by me, but I don't understand the logic in how can you attack other members when you have 0 atk and or 0 def. That's all.

1) If you have no Defence or Attack points left, but you have points in all the others categories, is that normal that your name is not displayed in the Attack window?

2) If you have no Defence or Attack points left, is that normal that you can still attack other members in the attack window?

If you want to see what I mean: edit one of the player and give them 100HP, 0atk and 0def points. Then log into the game (as a different user) and see if you can see their name in the battle page list. Then log in to the game as him and see if you can fight the other people in the list....

Burt  ;)

Chen Zhen

I will take a look at the conditions I put in for battling other members. Imo it should not be allowing one to attack people if the attackers atk points are at 0. I can fix that easily enough. I know you did not mention hp points, it was merely an explanation of how it is intended to work. I most likely forgot to have it check the atk points. 0 def should not matter as one will probably die in the game fairly quick with 0 def points. Imo it is realistic to say that one who jumps into a battle with no form of defense is possible although one will perish soon after.

Chen Zhen

I neglected to put in some brackets within the mysql query when it searches the db for members to attack. I will release a fix for that in a bit..
I also did not put in the check for the current user for hp, atk or def.

Should I ignore the def points for both or perhaps not let a person battle (attacker or defender) if their def points are at 0 ??
If a defenders atk points are at 0 should they be in the list?
Atk & HP must be above 0 for the attacker no matter what which I understand.

I would like opinions on the setup.

Regards.

Burt

Quote from: underdog on February 17, 2014, 11:48:16 PM
  I neglected to put in some brackets within the mysql query when it searches the db for members to attack. I will release a fix for that in a bit..
I also did not put in the check for the current user for hp, atk or def.

Should I ignore the def points for both or perhaps not let a person battle (attacker or defender) if their def points are at 0 ??
If a defenders atk points are at 0 should they be in the list?
Atk & HP must be above 0 for the attacker no matter what which I understand.

I would like opinions on the setup.

Regards.

My opinion....

If I have 1 hp and 1 atk  and 0 def, then I should be able to be seen in the list and to attack other members...

If I have 1 hp and 0 atk and 1 def, I still should be able to be seen in the list but not to attack other members or monsters...

If I have 1 hp and 0 atk and 0 def, I still should be able to be seen in the list but not to attack other members or monsters...

So yes I agree with you, as you don't need to check on the def points, only the hp and atk. If you have 0 def and try to attack you should die pretty quickly anyway, but you can still inflict some points damage to another player....That's good....

Regards

Burt

Burt

Quote from: underdog on February 17, 2014, 02:12:30 PM
Burt,

If you want to translate all language file from this mod to Italian that is fine and would be appreciated. The only thing I am worried about is the size of the mod is getting large and including more files might eventually give people a hard time with installing. You can tell this already with the delay in upload time when installing on a website. To get around this problem I can create a language plug-in that adds the appropriate files I suppose and then add translation files to that. Yes, that will work quite nicely.

Sorry Underdog, I misunderstood what the conversation of the language was about. I got it now. I actually though that you wanted to have this game in more than one language, and I'm still happy to help if you decide to go down that path....

Sorry

Burt

Hello...

I was just killing monsters, when I decided to open the Game Stats to see how the other players were doing and I think something is not right with the points...

I attached a picture...

I only killed 6 monsters all up... and it also shows two different scores.

Burt

NekoJonez

Epic. It feels like Underdog is the coder, I supply idea's and Burt catches the bugs.

Sweet teamwork ;3

Burt

Quote from: NekoJonez on February 19, 2014, 02:43:33 PM
Epic. It feels like Underdog is the coder, I supply idea's and Burt catches the bugs.

Sweet teamwork ;3

You are right...I just hope that Underdog doesn't get tired of this constant fixing bugs. This mod was written so poorly when he first come out, that I always wonder if it wouldn't have been easier to start again from line one. But I did promise to Underdog that I would have been a proper PITA Beta Tester... :)  I wish I could help more, because I know how quick it can get stressful, but I'm not good at developing mods. So hopefully, Underdog won't give up on me...

As far as Idea's, I mentioned this to Underdog (but he hasn't see the post, I believe yet), there is -->>THIS<-- game online where I think we can take a lots of ideas from..(if we want, that is)  :D  and if that's the direction that we want to go.... As I said previously, the map, the monsters.... you need more than that to keep members entertained. We need to build a great story first then implement the game to it.... As usual, I'm just talking loud here, and I  know that it would take a lot of effort to build something like that for a Forum base game....but it doesn't have to be huge, just be able to keep people busy and you can do that with a good clever story line....

If only, I knew what I'm doing.... ::)

Burt