Daily Lucky Numbers:

Winters Lingo Adobe Flash

Started by Dave, September 18, 2023, 01:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Here is a flash game that starts but then stops when you have to play the bonus game.

It should be noted that on the site the gamedata folder is missing from the game's folder even though it's in the original .tar file. I tried uploading the gamedata folder to the game's folder but it still doesn't work.

This game's folder is also in the /public_html/arcade folder, but all that's in the folder is the bonusgames folder with 3 .swf files in it.
If you want play quizzes or games click below

Listen to Quizland radio here

Dave

Hmmm...that's odd as I'm sure I posted earlier.

Anyway there was a flash game that just randomly stopped working. Upon checking the gamedata folder which should have been in the gamedata folder under arcade was missing. I unistalled the game and reinstalled it and it now works fine.

What is mean't to be in the folder 'Arcade' that's in the root of the site?

I ask because I reinstalled that game and the game's gamedata folder then appeared in the 'Gamedata' folder that's inside the 'Arcade' folder, but there are also other games inside that folder too is that right.

I have taken a screenshot so you can see what I mean

Chen Zhen

I put it in its own thread since the other thread was about HTML5 games that were flashing. You are now posting something about an Adobe flash game.

Chen Zhen

The older ibp flash games moved their gamedata files to a different path. Ibp html5 games still use a gamedata folder but it remains at the original path location. This is how it was done for html5 games when ibp began support for those game types.

If SMF Arcade detects flash then it should move the gamedata folder. However, if it detects HTML5 then it should just leave the original path.

Chen Zhen

Perhaps you didn't include paths in your backup that was restored at some point?

Dave

Quote from: Chen Zhen on September 18, 2023, 04:39:12 AMPerhaps you didn't include paths in your backup that was restored at some point?

That's a very good point. I had to repair the database a while back if you remember.

Dave

Quote from: Chen Zhen on September 18, 2023, 04:21:28 AMI put it in its own thread since the other thread was about HTML5 games that were flashing. You are now posting something about an Adobe flash game.

I didn't notice that  :-[