Daily Lucky Numbers:

Arcade install

Started by Vincent Titus, April 29, 2024, 04:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vincent Titus

ok i was able to get by the database.php file by changing it to

if (strpos($db_name, '.') === false) {
    $result = $smcFunc['db_query']('', "SHOW TABLE STATUS FROM `{raw:db_name}`", array('db_name' => $db_name));
} else {
    $result = $smcFunc['db_query']('', 'SHOW TABLE STATUS FROM `' . $db_name . '`', array());
}

by adding the backtick ` here `{raw:db_name}`" and here  `' . $db_name . '`',

i assume ill have to do that to all including the other files like Sub_install.php because now the error is on Sub_install.php file lol

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '-353035393de2
LIKE 'smf_arcade_games'' at line 2
File: /home/sites/36b/7/7588baaf12/public_html/Packages/temp/arcadeinstall/Subs-Install.php
Line: 57

Vincent Titus

so i found this on the error logs of my host

PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected single-quoted string "{db_prefix}", expecting ")" in

/arcadeinstall/Subs-Install.php on line 53'

Vincent Titus

So I was having the same error when I tryed to install the battle mod so in order to fix that I had to add the backtick to a couple parts of the 2 files dealing with the data base and I was able to install the battle mod and all is well so I need to find where I need to add the backtick like this '{ $data_base }' that's not the back tick it's the one pointing the other way I can't do it from my phone but you get what I mean in the database files... I'll figure it out eventually lol

Chen Zhen

I apologize for not being around much as of late.
It isn't recommended to use improper characters for your db schema (db names,table names or column names) although I did attempt to have the installer try to circumvent any errors when it encounters those characters.

ref.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/925696/mysql-create-database-with-special-characters-in-the-name

An option for you is to copy your DB for download (for safety) & then alter it to not contain any illegal characters.
Afterward you may have to use the SMF tool to fix any reference to the older db table names.
Having your DB backup available can fix things if you have trouble while trying to do this.