Daily Lucky Numbers:

We are now using SMF 2.1 Beta 3

Started by Chen Zhen, April 06, 2016, 01:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chen Zhen

I realize I have not been around much for awhile and apologize for that.
Just too much going on which will not allow me to code as of late.
Anyhow, I have decided to go with SMF 2.1 and live test a bunch of my mods that I adapted for it.
Also any other free mod that I like will be converted although I can not release some of those versions due to copyrights.

Chen Zhen

Older attachments no longer work?!
It is in the database and attachments folder but shows as file not found.
Ugh... I will have to fix it now and post a pull request on github.

Chen Zhen

Chen Zhen

EhPortal needs some issues fixed!!
The shoutbox does not work properly.. also I thought I added the extra shoubox options?!
Oh well, time to fix it up and release another version.

Skhilled

I might give it a test soon myself.

EDIT: Looks like there's an issue with my sig with the BR and the HR that was added. I don't remember having a HR before but could be wrong. I left it as-is so you could see it.

Chen Zhen

Ha.. It's probably something that is supposed to be added outside the database (in the template) but someone messed up!
I will take a look later.
There are lots of things for me to fix as I see many errors in the log.

bigguy

lurkalot

lurkalot

Actually I'm glad you made this move, because I can read the text in this theme. lol.. Some dark themes such as the one you had in the 2.0.xx version I found difficult to read. Old eyes and all that. ;)

Chen Zhen

Ya I wish that I had more time to fix EhPortal though.. It appears that some recent changes have caused the shoutbox & pages to not work properly.

lurkalot

Quote from: Chen Zhen on April 16, 2016, 08:09:19 PMYa I wish that I had more time to fix EhPortal though.. It appears that some recent changes have caused the shoutbox & pages to not work properly.

You mean recent changes to SMF 2.1 beta3? if so I'd better start testing TP 2 again, it's working ok on beta 3, or at least it was, I haven't updated 2.1 for a couple of weeks or more.

Chen Zhen

Update:

The shoutbox & page issues are due to more recent changes in EhPortal.
For the next release the page issue has been fixed but the shoutbox is going to be changed to a different script.
None of the issues mentioned are due to changes within SMF 2.1.

lurkalot

Quote from: Chen Zhen on April 20, 2016, 10:42:02 PMUpdate:

The shoutbox & page issues are due to more recent changes in EhPortal.
For the next release the page issue has been fixed but the shoutbox is going to be changed to a different script.
None of the issues mentioned are due to changes within SMF 2.1.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.  Even so, I guess I should keep up with the latest repo version of 2.1, so I'll do that when I get a few spare minutes. :)

bigguy

I'll be updating as soon as I get the net back.

Chen Zhen

I'm still working on the new shoutbox prior to releasing another version.
Also I noticed there is an issue when editing blocks/pages which I have not looked at yet.