Daily Lucky Numbers:

Strange happenings

Started by Dave, October 26, 2021, 02:52:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

A couple of weeks ago I happened to see my usual cron backup ran at over 1GB. I investigated and found that the 'games_download' folder had over 800MB of files in it. As I was pretty sure these files were now not needed as the games were installed I deleted them.

Yesterday the cron job ran and for some reason the files have returned. See attached images of what I mean. I haven't run a restore on my files so this is a bit odd.

Do the files need to be there or can I delete them again?
If you want play quizzes or games click below

Listen to Quizland radio here

Chen Zhen

Navigate to your general arcade settings and ensure that "disable saving archives" is checked.
disable_saving_archives.png

Dave

Thanks for the reply.

I have now checked the box and will delete all the files in the folder again.

Chen Zhen

There is a maintenance task to purge your download folder and you are better off using it. Do not delete the index.php or .htaccess files from that folder.

Dave

Quote from: Chen Zhen on October 27, 2021, 08:28:10 AMThere is a maintenance task to purge your download folder and you are better off using it. Do not delete the index.php or .htaccess files from that folder.

UD there is no .htaccess file in that folder. I have checked the test site version too there is only an index.php

Chen Zhen

I couldn't remember if there was a .htaccess.
As long as it has the index.php so no one can access the directory via a browser.

You should always check the arcade maintenance to see if there's a sub-routine to do the task you're after.
I usually have something in there if I foresee someone having issues in some regard.
You can always ask here at Webdev what a particular maintenance function will do prior to using it.

Dave

Thanks very much UD. There is an .htaccess file in the 'Games' folder.