Battle 1.0_RC8.0 BETA-UD-X

Started by Chen Zhen, July 20, 2013, 01:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chen Zhen

Here is another fixed file:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=02850566222714830186

.. fixed issue with admin shop.

Fog,

The issue can also be if you used Chrome to download those files. I remember experiencing issues with Chrome recently (imo after a not so recent update) regarding downloading files. It would only dl 1MB and ignore the rest of the file. It was a reported bug with Chrome I believe.
If not then the memory limit setting was probably the issue.

Fog

I try to enter zero and it says an invald input but yet the help says you can use 0

http://ngsforums.com/forums/index.php?action=helpadmin;help=battleHelpQuestMaxStatLoss

This will be the maximum stat loss for losing any quest.
(0 to Max Stat Loss - random)

Can we use 0 to disable this function?

Chen Zhen

[SMF MOD] Battle_RC1.0_RC8.0_BETA-UD-12

Download:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=01293887583804406019

Changes:
+ added $helptxt for all admin settings
! edited regular admin text to not include help text (now uses q-mark/$helptxt)
! removed extra alien images (going to make plugin install packages for monster additions)
! fixed quest inputs for stats that have 0 setting to disable

Pending:

- fix display of battle stats for PM and post/topic templates

Fog

Working on resetting our current game and setting up a new game where you don't see a monster until level five.  You have to do five quests in order to get to level five.  At that point I won't have any quests until level 10 but I'll have a monster from level five to level nine.  Then I won't have any monsters until level 20 and you'll have to do the quest for ten levels.  Then I'll stagger quests and monsters as users level up.

Is there a way to get to a certain level and do a quest and once you complete that quest it stops the game for you but not the others until they complete that last quest?  The idea is to allow the others to continue on playing until they all complete that last quest.  Kind of like how a car race is done...The first one to cross the finish line is the winner but it doesn't freeze the field and you can still jockey for position until you cross the finish line.

Fog

Also is there a way for you to put in a setting that doesn't allow you to attack a monster unless they level up.  What we find sometimes if you find a monster that gives you a lot of exp. points you don't want to level up in fear that you won't be able to fight that monster again and have to fight other monsters that aren't as rewarding.  This will in return give them more stat points that can be taken away, then at that point it forces them to use their stat points right away and not hoard them.

Fog

So I reset the game over on my test site and not NGS.

I made it so I you have to do a quest first in order to get to level 1 and it takes 10 Exp points to level up.

This is how I have the first quest setup so when you complete the quest ten times you you'll have 10 exp points and can't do the the quest anymore.

Fog

I put the settings on premium and that did what I was looking for.

Chen Zhen

Fog,

Is there a way to get to a certain level and do a quest and once you complete that quest it stops the game for you but not the others until they complete that last quest?  The idea is to allow the others to continue on playing until they all complete that last quest.  Kind of like how a car race is done...The first one to cross the finish line is the winner but it doesn't freeze the field and you can still jockey for position until you cross the finish line.

Imo another permission setting should be implemented and also another quest setting for those with that permission enabled for this. Perhaps I will call it campaign status and have it so if the user's membergroup has that permission enabled they have to wait for all others with that same status to pass all quests set at lower levels & for that status. This will allow newer members who do not have that status to play other quests whilst those that belong to the campaign status group do not have to wait for newbies.  So only membergroups that belong to the campaign are involved and they are the only ones able to play quests that are set as such.

Quote from: Fog on August 03, 2013, 04:06:37 PM
Also is there a way for you to put in a setting that doesn't allow you to attack a monster unless they level up.  What we find sometimes if you find a monster that gives you a lot of exp. points you don't want to level up in fear that you won't be able to fight that monster again and have to fight other monsters that aren't as rewarding.  This will in return give them more stat points that can be taken away, then at that point it forces them to use their stat points right away and not hoard them.

Can't you set enemies to a restrictive range and for it not to have them fight if outside the range? Let us say range level 1 - 2 & then if the user gets to level 3 then the enemy will not fight them. Did I not already set it up to do this if the config settings are as such? Perhaps I misunderstand what you mean here?

Chen Zhen

Regarding quests:

As I previously stated, I am going to come back to how they are played and make it more advanced. I would like to set it so there are 8 possible outcomes per quest and the user is given 2 choices twice. When they select one of the 2 choices, it has 4 possible outcomes for that choice and then they are given another 2 choices and there are 4 possible outcomes for those. I was thinking it would make it more interesting than just 2 clicks and done as it currently is set up. This way they do the quest numerous times to the limit and in turn have several different outcomes each time. It might make the quest mode a bit more interesting. Any thoughts on this? ... also it is already set up to give random stat increases so this already makes it a varied outcome to some extent.

Fog

QuoteCan't you set enemies to a restrictive range and for it not to have them fight if outside the range? Let us say range level 1 - 2 & then if the user gets to level 3 then the enemy will not fight them. Did I not already set it up to do this if the config settings are as such? Perhaps I misunderstand what you mean here?

So what I'm trying to create is a series of different quests and monsters as you level up.

Some user may not level up until they get enough exp points to by pass a quest.

I have no monsters between level 50 and 99 so you'll have to do the quest I created...

However if they don't level up they can gain enough exp points to level up and by pass the quest on levels 50-99.

One idea is to force them to level up before they can battle a monster.

Fog

This is turning out way better than I ever thought Underdog....

Thanks a million.

Fog

Turning off and on Monsters out of range works great...

It works so well if you know not to level up to 50 and stay at 49 and continue to battle monsters you can in theory gain enough exps and level up to by pass quests.

They will hoard the exp points until they get enough to level up past 50 but to level 100 so that gets them past a quest...

Fog

Here's a glitch...if you complete a quest and click back you can play it again.

notice I have 11 completions on level 4 when only 10 is allowed.

Stinking Cheaters I have for users... ::)

Fog

QuoteImo another permission setting should be implemented and also another quest setting for those with that permission enabled for this. Perhaps I will call it campaign status and have it so if the user's membergroup has that permission enabled they have to wait for all others with that same status to pass all quests set at lower levels & for that status. This will allow newer members who do not have that status to play other quests whilst those that belong to the campaign status group do not have to wait for newbies.  So only membergroups that belong to the campaign are involved and they are the only ones able to play quests that are set as such.

What if you want short week long campaigns where anyone could win.

Lets say the campaign lasts a week...and at a certain time the user with the most ___________ points is the winner.  ????

Skhilled

Sorry, but been too busy (daughter's 18th birthday yesterday) and hosting has not responded to my issues yet. :P