Daily Lucky Numbers:

Battle 1.0_RC8.0 BETA-UD-X

Started by Chen Zhen, July 20, 2013, 01:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fog

I think I've overloaded Underdog...

Give us a thumbs up if you're still breathing...

Chen Zhen

Quote from: Fog on August 05, 2013, 10:18:53 PM

I was busy with my boy this weekend and bought another vehicle (SUV) since a car is too small for what is soon to be 2 kids.
Plus I spent a little time coding some stuff for people at Simple Portal since I have some responsibility for that on Sinan's website.

I will get to coding what was requested this week but I may leave the ideas I have for the quest (and other things) for a later time. I would like to release this on SMF soon so that I can continue with another project that I've been wanting to do for quite some time.

Does anyone here like NFL and would be interested in testing a mod for it? I have been asked to design a pools mod but I am not sure if I can finish it on time now (for this year that is) since the season starts in about 4 weeks.

Fog

Congrats on the 2nd...A SUV sounds like a good plan.

I worked on a new theme over the weekend...and tried to lend support to a few on SMF.

But I need to get geared up for the NFL Season....

I have a Team Challenge I host on Yahoo Pickems

Also my site is a haven for Leagues and Games.

I'd be interested in anything NFL.

SA

QuoteI would like to release this on SMF soon

are they treating it like a new mod?
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Customizer @ SimpleMachines

Chen Zhen

Fog,

Great! I will finish up what we're doing on the Battle Mod this week and start working on the NFL mod.

SA,

I am not sure what they are going to do so I suppose we'll find out this week. Imo they may treat it as a new mod & start asking for ridiculous unnecessary changes. A lot of the edits I have done thus far are to facilitate its acceptance because I can foresee some of what will be asked (that which makes sense anyhow).

Fog

FYI, From what I see on SMF, They have the tread (Battle) locked and the Mod link doesn't provide a download button.

SA

QuoteI am not sure what they are going to do so I suppose we'll find out this week. Imo they may treat it as a new mod & start asking for ridiculous unnecessary changes.

it would not of got approved in it last state that i do know

QuoteFYI, From what I see on SMF, They have the tread (Battle) locked and the Mod link doesn't provide a download button.
it wont show a download button and the thread will be locked cos i removed the mod like i said on smf in the pm just pm gary and ask them to add the mod back i have never had t reaprove a mod after taking it over heck i have even removed my sachat mod before stressing out i just pm the cm team next day and got it back no questions asked

FYI if you removed a mod it locks the support topic

oppps fault that was ud i was quoting lol sry for confusion
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Customizer @ SimpleMachines

Fog

QuoteFYI if you removed a mod it locks the support topic

It makes sense, if it created an auto lock of a thread that is thinking ahead more than I would ever have thought...WOW

Skhilled

Quote from: underdog on August 05, 2013, 11:28:53 PM
Quote from: Fog on August 05, 2013, 10:18:53 PM

I was busy with my boy this weekend and bought another vehicle (SUV) since a car is too small for what is soon to be 2 kids.
Plus I spent a little time coding some stuff for people at Simple Portal since I have some responsibility for that on Sinan's website.

I will get to coding what was requested this week but I may leave the ideas I have for the quest (and other things) for a later time. I would like to release this on SMF soon so that I can continue with another project that I've been wanting to do for quite some time.

Does anyone here like NFL and would be interested in testing a mod for it? I have been asked to design a pools mod but I am not sure if I can finish it on time now (for this year that is) since the season starts in about 4 weeks.

Still having hosting issues but can continue testing on my live forum. I have been looking at new hosting...been more than a week and issues are still not resolved! >:(

I have a family picnic Saturday and will be busy cooking until then, so I may or may not be around until after it.

Congrats to you and Ginger!!!...and Cam. You want a girl this time?

I haven't been into sports in many years...only martial arts and boxing.

Fog

Some of the users are complaining about a blank explore map once in a while.

It seems to only happen if you're at a level that there isn't a monster on the same level when you go to explore.

I've seen it on my test site and thought I had to add more custom explore but that didn't help.

I'm asking my users to look out for a blank explore map and report what level they are on.

Chen Zhen

Fog,

When using the setting to not meet monsters out of range, ensure there are monsters to cover all ranges. Imo do not leave gaps of no monsters covering certain levels. I will look into it though to try to not have it go to a blank screen.

Btw .. still working on campaign system... eta for testing couple of days perhaps

Fog

What I'm going to do is a series of restarts...and create some different start up ideas.

We're trying to break your game... 8)

Chen Zhen

Update:

I've been working on this when time permits and hopefully will release another beta soon enough.  I have all the admin settings for the new campaign feature in place (except for a few minor details), the template display to users for the campaign is done, some of the logic for the campaigns is in place and I've fixed issues that have been reported thus far.

Atm I am still working on the logic for campaigns in the quest source function. It shouldn't take me too long to finish up now and then you guys can test what I have so far so that we may work out the kinks. Adding and getting this campaign feature just right is a bit more complicated than I first thought..  :o

Here is how campaigns will work:
- can be timed (based on GMT time setting to keep users at par)
- can be set for other users to wait for level completion
- membergroup based (permission must be set for membergroup to participate in campaign)
- each quest must be unique level to belong to a single campaign (quests must be done in order of level)
- level completion: users entering membergroup after second level quest has commenced can not participate
- 24 quests maximum (3 images supplied .. expansion pack includes 21 other images)
- can not delete first 3 default campaigns (although admin can edit them)
- quests do not have to belong to a campaign
- score will be total stat points earned each quest multiplied by the quest passed number * 10 (pending)

I also created an expansion pack for more campaign images and monster images. I want to set it up to create the necessary db settings for those prior to releasing it (right now it just adds images to the appropriate directories). I used Greek alphabet symbols for the campaign icons which number 24 total plus each campaign gets its own db table and permission setting so I figure 24 max is sufficient. 

Fog

Right on Underdog....We've been doing short little games and changing up the quests and stuff.

Thanks

Fog

Getting an error when trying to add a new monster.