Daily Lucky Numbers:

Battle 1.0_RC8.0 BETA-UD-X

Started by Chen Zhen, July 20, 2013, 01:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fog

interesting tidbit,  I'm the only one with permissions to do one of the campaigns and I can't get the quest page to load.  Then once I add just one more person with the campaigns permissions then I can get the quest page to load.  This tells me you have to have at least two people playing to even view the quest page.

Fog

What if I had three campaigns going on:

Alpha goes for a month.

Beta goes for Two weeks.

Gamma goes for one week.

Will I be able to restart Gamma four times and Beta two times while we wait for Alpha to finish?  Meaning if I clear Quest info then I wipe out the Alpha Game that's in progress if I want to start a new Gamma campaign.

Chen Zhen

Fog,

This is a good point. I will put an option beside each campaign in the admin to clear it.  For now you can create a new campaign (aside from the initial 3 campaigns) and then delete it and create it anew. This will do what you want but a link to clear them will be best and I will work on that later tonight. I will also look into the other thing you mentioned.

Chen Zhen

Quote from: Fog on August 17, 2013, 03:23:32 PM
interesting tidbit,  I'm the only one with permissions to do one of the campaigns and I can't get the quest page to load.  Then once I add just one more person with the campaigns permissions then I can get the quest page to load.  This tells me you have to have at least two people playing to even view the quest page.

I am not able to duplicate this issue. With only one person with permission for a campaign the page loads just fine for me.

Chen Zhen

[SMF MOD] Battle_RC1.0_RC8.0_BETA-UD-15

Download:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=60736775668982417070

Changes:
- edit/delete links changed to icons
- prune function added to campaign list
- delete campaign function fixed to omit related quest data
- some $txt language errs fixed
- fixed ltrim for membergroups in campaign template

Fog

Quote from: underdog on August 18, 2013, 12:36:29 AM
Quote from: Fog on August 17, 2013, 03:23:32 PM

I am not able to duplicate this issue. With only one person with permission for a campaign the page loads just fine for me.

it's an issue other users probably won't encounter...documenting just in case is showing future users that we know about it.

Chen Zhen

[SMF MOD] Battle_RC1.0_RC8.0_BETA-UD-16

Download:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=21925557748736652315

Changes:
- fixed campaign prune function
- removed display of admin membergroup from campaign edit template

I neglected to have it edit some tables for campaign pruning with beta15 so I fixed it with this beta. Also it displayed Admin as a membergroup within the campaign edit template which was incorrect. Admins have to add themselves to the campaign membergroup even though they have the access to play a campaign at any time. This is so it does not wait for all admins to participate in a campaign because on some forums not all admins may want to! It is best to still have admins add themselves to a secondary membergroup if they want the rules to apply to them.

Fog

I uploaded the newest version and it wiped out my current campaign...oppps

Chen Zhen

[SMF MOD] Battle_RC1.0_RC8.0_BETA-UD-17

Download:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=04727758414947985881

Changes:
- added campaign leaderboard
- added link in battle navigation for campaign leaderboard
- add link to specific campaign leaderboard in quest list (click on campaign icon)

The new leaderboard includes a drop down menu that allows an overall hi score list from each campaign (best user score from each campaign) or a full score list from a specific campaign.

Fog

I'll start three campaigns tomorrow and give my guys something new to do...

I had an error on the campaign leaderboard icon...

Notice my new theme.... 8)

Chen Zhen

Fog,

I just installed it on a fresh SMF 2.0.5 and all works fine including the icon you mention. Try clearing the browser cache and check it again.
Even though you downloaded Beta17, download it again as I made a small adjustment seconds after you downloaded it (I can tell because it still says 0 downloads for that file). I fixed the total quests for overall to show the amount per campaign.  Nice theme btw!

Fog

It's a theme in progress...Thanks

I haven't installed 2.0.5 yet...I need to before I start making my NFL Team Themes

I have a cool way to use SP to display our main threads.

Here's a question...

Lets say each Campaign (Alpha, Beta and Gamma) wants to use the same Quests from level 0 to say level 100

Instead of having to create a new quest for each campaign, that maybe the same, can you create a "ctrl highlight" type control such as they use on some SP blocks?

Meaning...If I create each campaign with a BOOT CAMP Quest with the same settings...With the current Settings I have to create that quest three different times to be displayed on the respective campaign.

Is it possible to highlight the different campaigns when setting up the quest to be displayed on these campaigns?

Chen Zhen

Fog,

Just use the update patch feature on your packages page to upgrade to 2.0.5 as it takes just a few seconds to update that way.

I will not be implementing what you ask of the Battle mod at this time. Perhaps for the next version but atm I would like to finish up with what is currently added to it. This way I can move on to the football pool mod.

Fog

Can we have a setting that allows you to turn on and off fighting against members?

I go her updated to 2.0.5  thanks

Chen Zhen

Fog,

Yes I can add that easy enough. I also fixed some other things that are issues with the last beta but before releasing it I will add the option you just requested. I do not have the time until later tonight though.