Daily Lucky Numbers:

Battle 1.0_RC8.0 BETA-UD-X

Started by Chen Zhen, July 20, 2013, 01:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryan_dwight

Quote from: Fog on September 17, 2013, 12:28:15 AM
Great reviews from my users....

ryan_dwight....I'll get with my users to see if they can out click the upgrade.

i think its already fixed now. Thanks UD

Fog

I went from 680 in DEF to 1010 with only 12 stat points and if I continue to rapidly click I could have gotten more.

Chen Zhen

I fixed ryan_dwight's version and in my own version atm but it is not fixed with the last beta release. Also I think something similar can be done with regards to advancing to the next level even though it is now automatic,  I am going to adjust its code as well.

Fog

On custom explore...you can't do a -100 reward.  If you add -100 for example as the reward then save it and then back to edit the custom explore the -100 is gone and its changes it to 100.

Chen Zhen

Fog,

That is correct as it uses the abs command to change all entries to a positive integer.  Would it be better to allow negative values whereas the user is penalized gold in some circumstances? I would have to change some things around but I can set it up to behave that way. As long as it bottoms out at 0 for the user.

Fog

Yes sir, it was part of the original settings and we like to still have that option.  It works well in multiple outcomes.  What we would do since we only had two outcomes is we would repeat the same custom explore over and over several times but all with different outcomes.

Fog

Quote from: underdog on September 17, 2013, 08:54:33 PM
I fixed ryan_dwight's version and in my own version atm but it is not fixed with the last beta release. Also I think something similar can be done with regards to advancing to the next level even though it is now automatic,  I am going to adjust its code as well.

I need mine fixed too...my users are abusing it big time.

Chen Zhen

[SMF] Battle v1.14-Beta9

Download:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=54579936724291691477

Changes:

+ added ability for user to sort members list for battle members
! fixed upgrade source code to not allow cheating via clicking on multiple links
! fixed explore actions to not allow cheating via clicking on multiple links
! fixed allowance of negative values for explore rewards (/penalties)

I haven't had a lot of time to work on this lately therefore the issue with the campaigns is still pending. The battle-members list now allows sorting. You can click on the title text links to sort by whatever you are clicking on. Also there is now a directional img icon to sort by desc or asc.

Fog

Quote! fixed allowance of negative values for explore rewards (/penalties)

Is there a trick to getting this to work?

I enter -100 and it sets it to zero....I go to the DB to enter -100 manually and it gives me an error and sets it to zero.

0 rows affected.
Warning: #1264 Out of range value for column 'outcome2_reward' at row 1

Chen Zhen

Fog,

Did you uninstall, delete the old version & then install the new package via the package manager?  You can not just replace files as there were necessary db changes.

Fog

Yes I did....Do I need to delete my DB tables?

Fog

So what I did was uninstalled the game and then deleted all the custom explore on the DB table...

Then I installed the game and tried changing up the values of the outcome to a minus number...that didn't work still got that one error.

Then I uninstalled the game and deleted the custom explore table on the DB.  Then I installed the game and it created a new table on the DB and then changed up the values and it worked.

I had to do a couple of extra steps but it now works.

Chen Zhen

The issue you were having was due to settings for 2 columns in the battle_explore table. I do not know why it was not working for you as the installer is made to change the settings for that table to the required fields. I will have to test out some scenarios to see if I can duplicate & fix that issue as most people will not be keen on manually adjusting db table columns.

table: battle_explore
columns: outcome1_reward, outcome2_reward
changes ->  type: bigint  unsigned: false

unsigned = false allows negative numbers
bigint allows using greater integer range

Fog

If one never had this package on their DB, they would probably never see that issue.  I'll try a clean install on my other test site to confirm what I think happens on my end.

What if once you have created your own quests or explore or monsters it won't uninstall the tables or (settings??) on the DB?

Question, If you uninstall Battle should it delete the tables on your DB?

Chen Zhen

No tables should be uninstalling or changing when installing a new version with the exception of the leaders tables. If anything else resets let me know.