Started by Chen Zhen, July 20, 2013, 01:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chen Zhen

Battle_v1.14-Beta10

Download:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=03977388236737117676

Changes:

! fixed installer routine for adjusting tables

I found the issue regarding the installer and have fixed it. That is the only change I made to this beta version.

Fog

Cool...UD

Side note:

One of my users is up to level 4205
and he posts on the shoutbox:

Stat Points : 6625

Thats 1325 clicks

That takes a lot of time to upgrade at 5 a click.

ryan_dwight

im using karma system and is it possible to integrate karma in exchange of gold here? mybe in the future update if possible. thanks

Fog

With all this work have we been able to create something that declares a winner?  Or is it going to be the never ending level up game?

Chen Zhen

Currently there is no end to it.

Are you suggesting the addition of an optional ending due to let's say.. a certain level being reached?

Here is an idea:

• tally and record a score
  • setting to end game when certain level is reached
  • hi score list added to db
  • winner ends the game whereas it only displays the outcome and top 5 people scores
  • waits for the admin to reset the game
  • option to truncate scores leaderboard
  • optional setting for current setup or what is described above

Fog

Chen Zhen

Battle_v1.14-Beta11

Download:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=48439390468593051034

Changes:

+ added option to change the display name of currency being used
+ added points system for explore and battle
+ added option to stop the game when someone reaches a predetermined level
+ added high point scores and current winner + their stats to the overall stats page
+ clearing users stats now also resets points
! adjusted help text concerning currency

Pending:

- add option for quest/campaign points to be added with the explore/battle points (& displayed as such)
- add more increments for upgrading stats (ie. 25/50)
- fix campaigns source logic

I've been busy at home lately so I have not had much time to work on this. However, I have added some options that were requested here and at SMF which seem to work well.  I am happy with the point system and the option of ending the game when a user reaches a certain level.  This gives users a goal to strive for which makes the game more interesting!

There are some other things that are pending due to the recent changes but I can't remember them atm (should have written them down).  When I think of them they will be added to the pending list of this post.

Fog

Chen Zhen

Quote from: ryan_dwight on September 26, 2013, 02:05:06 AM
im using karma system and is it possible to integrate karma in exchange of gold here? mybe in the future update if possible. thanks

You should already be able to accomplish this by adjusting the cash system to karma_good.  Imo because their current gold will not be carried over to the change you might just as well start the game over for your users after making the change.

Fog

I've used both SMF Shop and SA Shop and screwed up a couple users money.   ::)

Do you need me to test the Karma part?...it's something we don't use on NGS nor my testing site.

Chen Zhen

Fog,

No I will test it out plus this is something that was already in place prior to my additions. You can however test out the currency name option (not the cash system).  There might be some admin pages that do not show the changed text which have to be adjusted.

Fog

added points system for explore and battle:  The battle points aren't adding up and sometimes they are subtracted.

added option to stop the game when someone reaches a predetermined level: Is there a way to display the winners?  Also is there a way to make the game stop only for the ones that get to the predetermined level and allow the others to continue playing?

Chen Zhen

Battle_v1.14-Beta12

Download:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=07543347002190648439

Changes:

+ added option to stop game play per player or a single player
+ added battle game stats link to Navigation
+ added points to Stats display
+ added new icon for points
+ more bonus points for 1 - monster max hp (random) / 20
! fixed language for currency in files where applicable
! fixed points system issue

The current game's top 5 are listed on the game stats page (bottom left)

Fog

One of our users that can edit the monsters said the highest value he can input is 99999, and was wondering if we could fix this.

Chen Zhen

Fog,

Yes the number you posted is the max value. This is because the db column has been formatted at int(10). Which means negative 5 digits & positive 5 digits are only allowed. Are you suggesting to format the tables for certain aspects to a higher allowance? ie. int(12).  You think most people want monsters/enemies at a high level like that?  I thought a 99999 limit (positive) was enough.