Daily Lucky Numbers:

Battle 1.0_RC8.0 BETA-UD-X

Started by Chen Zhen, July 20, 2013, 01:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chen Zhen

Hmm.. well it appears some columns do need a larger allowance including the new points column I just created. I will have to take a good look at all the tables/columns that are integers and decide which need something larger ie. big int.

Also the points leader board needs to be reversed as it currently shows lowest to highest. This is already fixed for the next beta.

Pending:

! explore/battle leader board needs to be reversed
! admin templates have display issue with some themes css (container width?)
! adjust more int allowance with some admin template inputs
+ add reset points to maintenance
+ add auto/manual option to reset game
+ add another leader board that keeps stats of overall past wins (this leaderboard updated only when points are reset)
+ add option to reset points leaderboard

Fog

When on the the DB, Can one edit an int(10) column to have 6 digits?

Chen Zhen

Actually I just looked up a refresher and found that a db column set to int(10) unsigned will hold digits 0 up to 4294967295.
Unsigned makes it positive integers only so it will hold 10 digits in width but not all 9's as I had previously thought. Still, it should be more than adequate with that allowance.  Let me look at the admin monster input to see if I put a max in there.

Edit -> Yes it was in the template itself where I maxed the input to 6 digits. I have already fixed this for the next beta.

Chen Zhen

Battle v1.14 Beta13

Download:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00072505853901625109

Changes:

! explore/battle leader reversed order (Descending Points)
! admin templates have display issue with some themes css (container width?) (specific theme issue - not this mod)
! allowed more int allowance with some admin template inputs
! fixed battle other members issue
! fixed text for $txt['battle'] (changed title of battle screen to new $txt)
+ added reset points to maintenance
+ added another leader board that keeps stats of overall past wins (this leaderboard updated only when points are reset)

Pending:

! member battle earned stats in history not displaying proper user name
! fix percentage bar for overall points in game stats display
! display of drop down for campaigns in quest template needs to be fixed (disappears when campaign does not have assigned quests)
! battle members -> reduced stats for opponent not working properly... deducts all atk and def from opponent ???
+ add auto/manual option to reset game (xx number of hours after game has ended ... 0 to disable)
+ add more increments for adding stat points (25, 100)

The way it works is you set up the game to end at a certain level. You can have it wait for all (with permission to play) to reach that level or just one person reaching it can end the game. In order to reset the game, a battle admin/mod must use maintenance to reset battle stats and also reset points. This will start everything anew.

In the config menu, the admin can now set the name of the current battle game. When the points are reset, the high scores for each player of that game name will be recorded in the db and viewed via the Leaderboard link (I may change this to top 100 recorded only).  The current bottom link in battle maintenance titled Empty Battle Leaderboard will clear the leader board.  Most of the time when a game is reset do not use this bottom link as it will delete any player's past hi scores.

Campaigns and their points can basically be set up as a bonus to the current game being played. 

Fog

Quick note on the Battle Points...The % Bar isn't working

Chen Zhen

Yes I did not do that correctly and I will have to fix it for the next beta. Also when the current player earns stat points for member battle it does not display the proper member name in battle history. I have already fixed this for the next beta.

Fog

What our users are looking to do is create teams that would be controlled by Campaigns.

Team Alpha

Team Beta

What we'll do is create quests and then double up on certain quests and assign them to both Campaigns.

Then have  some other quests that makes it so everyone has to get on the same level before you can go on. We'll call those check points.

Can you create a check box for a monster to be on a certain Campaign? I ask because this would be cool with the tanks I use instead of monsters.  8)

All my users are enjoying the game and most of all...I got a thumbs up from my user that has access to admin controls.

Before I forget...

These guys need a new upgrade button...you know how you can pick either a 1 or a 5 to upgrade, they are asking for 100 button.  It's taking to many clicks for them to use their stat points they get now.

Also...

I need to flush my DB Battle History table...didn't you have something in place that I could use on SP?

Chen Zhen

Battle Admin -> Maintenance -> Empty History

Does this not work as expected?

.. battle members not working properly for deducting opponent stats (ie. atk, def, etc.). this needs to be fixed and is added to the previous pending text.

Fog

Quote from: underdog on October 21, 2013, 11:43:49 PM

Battle Admin -> Maintenance -> Empty History

Does this not work as expected?

I'll do a test right now...

Fog

That worked...I don't get on the DB that much but when I have it seems that table retains a ton of info.

Can one do a reset anytime without messing up what going on in progress?

Or is that something that you only want to reset at the end of the game?

Chen Zhen

Yes one can reset the history at any time without messing up the game. For admins, there is a link (empty) to do so at the top of the history display.

Chen Zhen

Battle_v1.14-Beta14

Download:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=73840801011727726878

Changes:

! fixed member battle earned stats in history to display proper user name
! fixed percentage bar for overall points in game stats display
! fixed display of drop down for campaigns in quest template
! fixed battle members -> reduced stats for opponent
+ added auto/manual option to reset game (xx number of hours after game has ended ... 0 to disable)
+ added more increments for adding stat points (25, 100)

I haven't really tested the auto reset of the game and for some unknown reason (atm) I get a php time out when installing image files into the core theme specifically. All other theme's I tested seem to not have any problem... puzzling..

The accumulated stat points are too high and I am going to change it to give less.  It will still be more depending on the enemy strength but just not as much as is currently rewarded.

Fog

Quote from: underdog on October 28, 2013, 10:40:00 PM

I haven't really tested the auto reset of the game and for some unknown reason (atm) I get a php time out when installing image files into the core theme specifically. All other theme's I tested seem to not have any problem... puzzling..

The accumulated stat points are too high and I am going to change it to give less.  It will still be more depending on the enemy strength but just not as much as is currently rewarded.

The stat points were always rewarded after you killed a monster...yes they are too high.

One might not need the 100 button.

Chen Zhen

Battle_v1.14-Beta14b

Download:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00957405328242673830

Changes:

! fixed points display in game stats

I had to fix a small issue from the last beta. Please test the new file instead.

Fog

I haven't changed to the last version...I better hurry up... :)