Daily Lucky Numbers:

Protection

Started by Tom, September 06, 2013, 03:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Hope you guys don't mind me spitballing ideas around for future versions. I've been tooling around with the mod, but my php coding skills are basic at best right now.

How about a protection system? Players are able to, if they want, protect someone within their level range from attacks. Only after those protecting a player are defeated (0 HP) with someone be able to attack them. The forum RPG I'm developing with rely heavily on politics and such, and defeating a "town leader" will carry big repercussions. Players will want to defend their leaders or friends.

Basic logic:

- To be a defender for a certain player, the defender must be in proper level range to attack them. This prevents, say level 100 players from protecting level 1 players.
- A defender can only protect one person at a time.
- Multiple defenders can protect one person.
- Error message when trying to attack a protected person: "<<Protected person>> is being protected by <<Defender1>> and <<Defender2>>. You must defeat them before <<Protected person>> is open to attack!"
- A simple HP check would alleviate the protection. If Defender1 HP==0, it resets any protection they are granting to another player.
- This whole process doesn't take into account if the attacker is trying to get to the protected person. It shouldn't, either. If a defender HP is reduced to zero, regardless of the circumstances, they cannot protect anyone!

Opinions?  ;D

Fog

Can someone buy someone else's protection?  like a silent body guard (as long as they aren't protecting someone else)...

Almost like a corrupt city full of gangstas instead of monsters?

I took the game a different direction and adapted WWII Tanks instead of monsters...

Tom

That would, of course, be the greatness of allowing the players to take it whatever direction they please!

A bit of a stretch, it could be like your fellow tankers protecting the commander's tank or protecting a banged-up comrade, depending on how liberal you are with allowing them to restore their HP.  :D