Started by vince, September 03, 2020, 08:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vince

Error

Type of error: General
    Error message: 18
    URL of page causing the error: /index.php?action=arcade;sa=html53Game

origon

These sort of games are hard encrypted, even if you have the scorecode it's partly encrypted too, so no one know what the score code do when you submit score, i have been member of the phpbb arcade team 3 years ago, but changed becuse i could not live with not knowing what was going on with the arcade, and all the money involved.

vince

yeah your know your name does ring a bell for sure origon. i been play9ng around with it for years... but now its all about how much money they can make on an open source arcade..ridiculous

Skhilled

I remember his name from there too. I tested that arcade for awhile but got too busy to keep helping and a friend really needed me so I stopped. ;)

origon

Try this one it work on my siteCandyCrush_Origon.tar

Chen Zhen

The game works fine although I discovered that lengthy descriptions need to be limited in the list.
I'll have to make it so it can be read if opted but not normally.
That game description is just way too long.

Chen Zhen

I installed it in the arcade but edited the description.  ;D

origon

If you could make it so the description was set under the game in gameplay it won't be a problem with the lengt

Chen Zhen

No there is already an "i" icon that you click on to show the description on the game play page. Imo it is better than what you suggest.

I was referring to the games list on some of the arcade list templates.

vince

Quote from: origon on September 09, 2020, 03:01:52 PMTry this one it work on my siteCandyCrush_Origon.tar
works like a charm ty i have cookie crush that doesent seam to load eaither id like to fine the issuse bc i have lots a games that just wont load  hmmmmm

Chen Zhen

If they are games we tested here on my site then perhaps there is something wrong on your end.

Otherwise if I don't have them here then you can upload a few and we'll test them

Skhilled

You may also want to make sure your server has the necessary php and apache modules needed for the arcade.

Chen, can you post a list of those somewhere? I sure someone would find it useful sooner or later.

Chen Zhen

It's shown during installation with the latest RC but I will add it to the Arcade change-log page.
You definitely need PHP updated to perhaps 7.1 or better.

Here is what is shown at the onset of the readme:

Introduction
SMF Arcade adds an arcade section to your forum where users can play games.
You must uninstall any previous versions of the Arcade prior to updating this modification.

Supported SMF Versions
This version supports the most recent SMF 2.0.X & SMF 2.1.X branches.

Recommended Minimal Requirements
OS minimum recommended versions: Ubuntu 18, Centos 7
HTTP Server: Apache 2.4 using PHP 7.1
Extensions: curl, mbstring
Optional RAR compression support: RAR (command-line tool) and UNRAR (PECL RarArchive class) packages for Linux
Forum software/versions: SMF 2.0.17 or SMF 2.1.0
Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS) ~ HTTP over TLS or HTTP over SSL

My recent mods are developed in an updated environment.
I do not test versions prior to what is shown above.
PHP 5 has had its EOL so people using it should upgrade.
PHP 5.6 (the last in that branch) received its last security update as of Dec.31, 2018.

Chen Zhen

BTW he already has it working as noted in another thread.

Skhilled

Okey, dokey. I knew I had seen it somewhere. Just be being way too busy again. LOL