Daily Lucky Numbers:

Newly added pictures don't show up

Started by TeamPD, August 10, 2022, 10:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeamPD

Hello,

I have added new monster images to the already existing ones, but the new ones don't show up when I want to add them to my new added monsters in the Battle area. How can I get those images to show up in my admin for the Battle mod?

Kind regards,
Mandy
TeamPD

Chen Zhen

Hello TeamPD & welcome to WebDev.

The current version of Battle (1.17.9) requires the monster images to be put into each theme's image path.
ie. /Themes/THEME-FOLDER/images/battle/monsters
Each image has to be of type: jpg, gif or png

The next version will be using a different directory for Battle images since I realize the same files shouldn't have to be in each theme path. If you decide to place custom images in those folder paths, make sure to keep copies on your PC/Mac so you can use them in the upcoming versions.

TeamPD

Hello Chen Zhen,

Thank you very much for the warm welcome.

I already placed the images in both themes image paths, so that's why I don't understand why they won't show up for me in the admin to add to the newly made battle animals. The images are also in the mentioned type.

Sorry that I didn't mention what I did in the first post.

I hope you're able to help with this issue.

Kind regards,
Mandy
TeamPD

Chen Zhen

It's been a while since I looked at that part of the code & I'm glad you brought this up.
Just put your images in the path of: ../Themes/default/images/battle/monsters/
Don't bother with any other theme & just put the images into the default theme.

I'm going to fix the installer of Battle & its expansion packs to only put those files in the default theme path.

Thanks for the report.

TeamPD

Hello,

We have taken out all the images I put in from the GariP folder, so they are only in the default folder, but they are still not showing.
We also uninstalled and reinstalled the new battle version and for some reason it's just not showing the newly added pictures, even though they are .PNG and the right size 120X120px.

I hope you're able to find what goes wrong on our end.

Or do we need an expension pack to the normal version?

Chen Zhen

Attach 2 of the images to a post in this thread so I can test them.

TeamPD

Here are two of our battle animals we've added. I hope they help.

Acrumantula.png
Flubberwurm1.png 

Chen Zhen

I've tested your images and they work fine when added to the monsters directory path.

I will release another version of Battle later this week which includes directory changes, an admin template to upload image files and a list of files in the 3 image directories with an option for deletion. Most of it is already been done but I just haven't had the proper amount of time to complete the changes. Keep an eye out for the update within the next 3 or 4 days.
All these changes will allow you to add images in your SMF admin panel without having to use FTP or your terminal.

TeamPD

Hmm, then maybe our Direct Admin makes a mistake somewhere.

We will wait for the new update for the Battle mod, and try again. I will let you know after we installed if it helped us.

or do we have to change the numbers for the CHmod?

Thank you so much for the fast replies and helping us out by thinking with us.

Chen Zhen

A newer version with the described changes has been released.
You can find it in the download section.

TeamPD

We have downloaded and installed the newest version of the battle mod, and it seems to work perfectly.

Thank you so much for the quick replies and the help you gave us to fix our issue! We really appreciated it.

Chen Zhen

No problem!
If something isn't working right with the new changes just let me know here in the support board and I'll fix it.

Keep an eye out for more releases here on WebDev as I will be developing it further in the near future.
Also this new feature I added may be tweaked to look or work better (such as auto image resizing on upload).