Daily Lucky Numbers:

Battle 1.0_RC8.0 BETA-UD-X

Started by Chen Zhen, July 20, 2013, 01:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

I have a few other things but will add them all a little later. Time for a nap.

Fog

Quote from: underdog on July 27, 2013, 09:20:51 PM

Fog,

The quest is already set up to not allow anything to go below 0, are you experiencing a negative value in a stat? If so tell me which one because it should not be doing that.

OK...I haven't reset our current game to see if that's the case...If I see a negative stat I'll let you know.

FYI...We only have a final quest as the last quest since it resets the game.

Also..as you've updated the game I've been to update it too, on NGS, without it disrupting our current game...which I find very cool.

We don't have a final quest right now and we're going to continue to level up...

Chen Zhen

Fog,

When opting a quest the game will no longer 'reset' your stats as I have already stated. You want an option for a quest to not subtract any points? If I add it and you set it like that the user will not have anything to gamble in an attempt to win more? I realize it is just a game but that does not seem proper to have odds like that. I thought it was better to put something at risk to perform a quest, if their level dropped below being able to do the quest again they should have to battle monsters in explore to get to that point again. Perhaps the user would learn to gain more than enough exp points so they can attempt more than once? Also a user with low stats can try quests with a low risk value... I suppose the quest template should show what is exactly at risk.. (up to x gold, exp, hp ..)

Fog

My main concern is that we don't go below zero in exp points.

What if a quest gives you 50 exp points and it takes 10 exp to level up.

At level 5 and you have 50 exp points and you do a quest that will net you 50 EXP if completed..what happens if you fail...and you are at 0 EXP now...do you go back to level 0? or stay at level five and you now need 60 EXP to level up?

Chen Zhen

For the next beta I made a fix because I did the loss calculation incorrect. I have adjusted it as I think it should be (for next beta) ...
quest loss: 
final quest: 0 - max gold (random)
final quest 0 - max exp (random)
not final 0 - min gold (random)
not final 0 - min exp (random)
Note: all scenarios (win, loss, final, not final) cost hp amount setting in quest

Fog,

So it is in your opinion it should drop both the exp level and the max exp level? so both numbers diminish by the same amount? This will require dropping the user level?!

Chen Zhen

Fog,

I could adjust it not to mess with the experience level at all for a loss and have it lower other stats instead. Do you think this would be more prudent?
ie. defense, attack, stamina, stat points... have it randomly opt 1 or 2 of them and drop a random amount. the max amount setting will need to be added to the admin settings and can be just one input that it will max out at for any of those stats.

Fog

Quote from: underdog on July 27, 2013, 11:10:58 PM
Fog,

I could adjust it not to mess with the experience level at all for a loss and have it lower other stats instead. Do you think this would be more prudent?
ie. defense, attack, stamina, stat points... have it randomly opt 1 or 2 of them and drop a random amount. the max amount setting will need to be added to the admin settings and can be just one input that it will max out at for any of those stats.

Yes...don't play with experience points but the other stats are fair game.

Chen Zhen

Fog,

Ok I have it working as such but before I release another beta should it also reward 2 random stats for completing the quest?

Fog

Quote from: underdog on July 28, 2013, 01:46:21 AM

Fog,

Ok I have it working as such but before I release another beta should it also reward 2 random stats for completing the quest?

Good question...

Gold, Health Points and Stamina would be the preferred choices since ATK and DEF are always maxed out.

Chen Zhen

Fog,

I edited your post thinking it was my last one in error.. apologies.

I am also going to edit it so that it only displays completed for an individual that has done so. Right now it says completed no matter who has done a quest. When I complete this change, should I make it so that a user can not complete a quest more than once? or perhaps have a setting for a limit on how many times they can do a quest?

... I also need to make the textarea boxes larger.. imo currently it does not look proper.

Fog

Skhilled

Here are some language edits. They are only missing colons to the Admin Config for the language files. You can just resave them to the cooresponding utf8 files.

Battle.english.php:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=15952873074553233532

BattleAdmin.english.php:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=96413536103628695722

If I find more i'll add them later. I have fixed them on my forum and you can see the differences there, if you wish.

Skhilled

In the Battle Info Center:

Some of the icons and text do not match the screen you are on. The icons should match the screen you are currently on, at least.

Chen Zhen

Skhilled,

You will need to post language changes using quotes because I am constantly changing editing/adding to those files. The recent fixes I did today added a lot of language so it would not be prudent for me to use those files. I suppose I can go through the files myself to find the language but sometimes I use the same $txt elsewhere that does not need a colon. The solution may be to add the colon to the template.

btw - Are you still having issues with installing this mod on a forum? I added quite a few images which increases the file size quite a bit. I am going to remove those images and have a plugin that adds monsters/images for those that want it. I was thinking the large file size could be causing an install issue for you because of memory. The SMF package installer sets that memory via PHP at 32M which can be edited to an increased number which may work for you (ie... 64M ... or 128M). It does not always cause a white screen php crash & sometimes will just fail installing. Adjusting the limit has fixed the issue for me in the past.

ref. http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/What_the_white_screen_of_death_means_when_accessing_admin_or_package_installs

Chen Zhen

[SMF MOD] Battle_RC1.0_RC8.0_BETA-UD-9

Download:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=45549444869964729688

Changes:
+ added empty quest stats to maintenance
+ added alternate/more settings for quests
! fixed quest mode
! fixed battle template for disabled shoutbox

I am going to fix the help text later when I have completed my changes to the quest scenario. Imo it will function better/different than before. I am not finished with how quests work yet. I plan on making them a lot better but if what is now in place works well I will move on to the other issues and come back to it.

Next on the agenda is the issue regarding multiple people fighting the same monster and the stats resetting. I found where it occurs but will not be able to fix it until tomorrow.. have to get up early for work so it is bed time.  :-\