Daily Lucky Numbers:

Battle 1.0_RC8.0 BETA-UD-X

Started by Chen Zhen, July 20, 2013, 01:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fog

I had to go back to version 10 to add a new monster.

Chen Zhen

[SMF MOD] Battle_RC1.0_RC8.0_BETA-UD-13

File:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=06275155195647412907

Changes:
- fixed blank explore screen issue (wrong function name called)
- one database query now used for quest data (although other needed db calls were added)
- fixed initial image issue for items and monsters
- more language added for new campaign addition
- reorganized all language files
- added campaigns (see below)

Campaigns (as mentioned before):
- can be timed (based on GMT time setting to keep users at par)
- can be set for other users to wait for level completion
- membergroup based (permission must be set for membergroup to participate in campaign)
- each quest must be unique level to belong to a single campaign (quests must be done in order of level)
- level completion: users entering membergroup after second level quest has commenced can not participate
- 24 quests maximum (3 images supplied .. expansion pack includes 21 other images)
- can not delete first 3 default campaigns (although admin can edit them)
- quests do not have to belong to a campaign
- score will be total stat points earned each quest multiplied by the quest passed number * 10 (pending)

The campaigns seem to work and do keep score although it does not display it just yet. I am going to add options to the leaderboard so the campaign data and also overall explore high scores can be viewed. Once I get that part completed I will add a link to the quest template for campaigns so people can view those hi scores. Please test campaigns with the various available settings including level completion and the timer.

I also need to work on something progressive for the experience increases. Imo there should be a formula to automatically increment how much exp points are needed to advance to the next level. ie. let us say the initial setting is 50 and once that is reached it will add 20 so that the next level can't be reached until another 70 .. then another 90 .. etc.. I will work on this at some point.

This project is taking longer than I thought. If the campaigns work well perhaps I will just release a version after I complete the leaderboard for the campaigns.

Chen Zhen

Quote from: SA on August 06, 2013, 12:50:54 AM
it would not of got approved in it last state that i do know

The one thing I will most likely do is change some more of the db queries because they will most likely ask me to do so. I already adjusted most of them but there are a few remaining that need to be changed including 2 that I just added. The SMF team wants the mods to work for most db types whereas certain syntax used in Battle will only work for mysql and mysql lite. ie. UPDATE syntax is different in some other db structure. What they want is for developers to use the smf smcFunc functions rather than some direct query syntax. So instead of UPDATE they want devs to use smcFunc['db_insert']('replace', .... etc...  ); and put some of the same data back into it if necessary. So if you only change 1 column's data you need to read the other columns data prior and then insert all of it with replace.

Fog

I tried messing around with the campaigns a little bit today but couldn't get the time thing to work.  I'll have more time over the weekend to play around.

Thanks

Fog

This is what I see...

Why is it pending?

Chen Zhen

Hmm... I had it working yesterday yet today the quests are not working properly at all with the campaigns enabled for them.
I will have to take a look to see what I must have changed to cause the issues.   

Fog

Let me play with some different settings to see if I'm doing something wrong on my end.

Chen Zhen

Fog,

I meant I tested last night and it was not working properly. This morning I have fixed the campaign issue and I am about to work on the time issue. I'm not going to bother with displaying GMT time on the config page as it lets you set it in your current time zone. The php function of time() is already using GMT (seconds since the epoch default GMT) so no adjustment is necessary. It just needs to display that GMT start time when the user/warrior hovers over the campaign that is pending which it should already do but does not?! I am fixing this now.

Chen Zhen

[SMF MOD] Battle_RC1.0_RC8.0_BETA-UD-14

Download:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=71141493688499625391

Changes:
! fixed campaign issue
! fixed timed display issue in campaign config
! fixed admin language variable for expired

I think the date() function converts to the current time zone setting so perhaps I will change the hover display for the user/warrior to not say the GMT start time for the next beta. For campaigns that are awaiting a start time, on the battle->quest template it should say pending on the left and imminent on the right. If they hover over the pending it will say the start time.

Fog

We'll give it a try...do I need to clear out all quest stats?

Also do I make the quests first before I start the campaign?

Fog

Chen Zhen

Yes, reset battle quests in maintenance.

Fog

Now I have to create different permissions or I have to wait for all 500 plus members to complete the first quest....LOL

Chen Zhen

Fog,

Yes, you must add the members you wish to allow to compete in a quest to a specific membergroup. What you can do is create a new membergroup (call it campaign members or whatever) and have it based off of regular permissions.  Then you set permission(s) within that membergroup for the campaign(s). This way it will not wait for all members of your forum to complete a quest.

I figured this setup is the best way to do it. I suppose you can make a topic in your forum with available campaigns and have people ask to become part of that campaign if they wish to do so. You can have one membergroup and allow them to participate in all campaigns or you can have a membergroup for every campaign and users apply for each. A user can be part of multiple membergroups.

Fog

I'm right there with you...

I got one membergroup call battle god but it's to allow one of my members to access Admin controls for the game I'll just make another one the others.

Way too cool...