Daily Lucky Numbers:

Battle v1.15 Beta Releases

Started by Chen Zhen, January 31, 2014, 10:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chen Zhen

Campaign quests add bonus points to a game. If the admin opts to combine those points together in the config it will do so for that game.
To double check click on the campaign points to view them and then look at your points to the right hand side. The game stats page should be adding the two of them together and displaying that total.

Burt

G'day...

Did some more testing...

On picture 1 after few minutes of playing, my name has gone from Top Attacker by Attack and Top Attacker By Defence....

The only way to get my name back in the list was to go and buy some atk and def points in the shop as per pic n.2

It seem like it doesn't refresh and show your new stats while you are playing, until you change the condition of the stats again to full....(I'm just guessing)

Test was done in Chrome, I'll try again in Firefox and see if any different....

Burt

Burt

Quote from: underdog on February 19, 2014, 10:12:30 PM

Campaign quests add bonus points to a game. If the admin opts to combine those points together in the config it will do so for that game.
To double check click on the campaign points to view them and then look at your points to the right hand side. The game stats page should be adding the two of them together and displaying that total.

Hello there...

Sorry forgot that...

If that is the case, than it works...

Now I do have the box tick in the battle config, and as you can see in pic 1 I was given 4090 points...

Now in picture 2, that is the quest setting for that particular campaign. Could you please explain to me, if I have any control over the amount of points given in the campaign, or it is a random generated number?

Thank You

Burt

Burt

One last think for today...

The score is correct, no problem there, but shouldn't then my name be in the top of the list, considering the score? Also the blue bar length doesn't look right.... :)

Good Night...

Chen Zhen

An admin does not have control over the amount of points for each campaign. The points increase for every quest within a campaign depending on the level of a quest which is how each campaign is ordered.

I made an adjustment with the last stable version because I used an anonymous function that is only native to PHP 5.3+ at one point which a few people complained about (ie. they were using PHP 5.2 and got an error). I changed the routine to something that works for previous PHP versions and thought it was functioning properly but apparently it is not. I will take a look & adjust it yet again so it orders the point leaders properly.

Thank you for the reports and testing.

Regards.

NekoJonez

Is it me badly installing battle or do we have "Max attack to give to newly registered users :" twice in the main options?

Nvm, I checked just before posting. I saw the mistake. I'll edit it in the github. ; )

NekoJonez

I got another bug. Battle doesn't display the correct version of SMF. I have 2.0.7 installed, while battle claims I have 2.0.2

PS: I changed some language stuff in the github for one file. If you think it's better, I'll make the same edits for all other files ;)

Chen Zhen

Quote from: NekoJonez on February 23, 2014, 10:46:45 AM
I got another bug. Battle doesn't display the correct version of SMF. I have 2.0.7 installed, while battle claims I have 2.0.2

PS: I changed some language stuff in the github for one file. If you think it's better, I'll make the same edits for all other files ;)

That does not use the battle language file to display that info. It uses a db value from the settings table to determine the SMF version. If it says SMF 2.0.2, this would be because you have it installed on a forum that was originally SMF 2.0.2 with patches to update it to SMF 2.0.7.  I will look to see another way to determine the smf version.

NekoJonez

So, when can we expect the next beta?

Burt

Quote from: underdog on February 22, 2014, 04:17:56 AM
  An admin does not have control over the amount of points for each campaign. The points increase for every quest within a campaign depending on the level of a quest which is how each campaign is ordered.

I made an adjustment with the last stable version because I used an anonymous function that is only native to PHP 5.3+ at one point which a few people complained about (ie. they were using PHP 5.2 and got an error). I changed the routine to something that works for previous PHP versions and thought it was functioning properly but apparently it is not. I will take a look & adjust it yet again so it orders the point leaders properly.

Thank you for the reports and testing.

Regards.

No problems. I understood and Thank you.

Burt

Burt

I do believe that we still have bugs in the campaign department. Problem is, they don't show up all the time, and that makes it a lot harder to fix'em. Ok here we go.

I did the following:

I set up three Member group (A B C) and A can access only Alpha, B can access only Beta and C can access only Delta campaign.

Then I went into the game and set up one quest to the Alpha Campaign. When I tried to access it a month ago it would allow me to click on the blue writing "Do quest" and then give me the screen of the "an error has occurred" "No refreshing is allowed , please go back to Battle Main page". but I didn't refresh. I had just clicked on the blue writing "do quest". Then the problem went away when I got the newer version of battle. At least that is what I believed.

Yesterday I added two new quests. One for Beta and one for Delta. All these quest are set at level 2 and each quest belong to a different Campaign. I'm on level 4 and belong to the Alpha group, so I did expect not to be able to access Beta or Delta campaign, but now even my Alpha campaign is restricted to me. Thinking it was a level problem went in and did changed them all to level 0. No difference. I also tried to set them all to level 4, again no access to any of them. Then I logged in as a new member into the game and bingo, the same screen with the refresh error is back again. After few tries the game now does allow the new member to play the quests (as they are set to level 0), problem is, he's allow to play all of them, regardless of which member group permission he has.

So:

Quests attached to Campaign did only worked if not on level 0 and only when I had one available in the game.
Added two new quest to the other two Campaign and they all become restricted, no matter what level they are set to.

Changed the level of the three quests back to 0 and tried to log in as a new player the error screen was back. Tried again few minutes after and the error screen doesn't come up anymore, but now the new player (that is supposed to have access only to the Gamma Quest), can actually access all three of them....

It would be great if even you NekoJones could try this in your forum and see what you get. Try to set one quest to level 0 and see if you get the error page the first few times you try to access it, and also try to set two or three campaign quest to your current level and see if you can access them.

I can confirm that the Member group restriction does not work as it should, at least here, as the new member was able to complete all three quest that were set in three different campaign. The New member only had permission to the Delta campaign.

Regards

Burt

PS The Pic number three is to show my game where I'm in the Alpha permission group on level 4 and have no access..

Fog

Burt have you gone in and changed up permissions?

I created an Alpha Group and a Beta Group...Then you have to go to each member and tweak their account settings to include the new membership group.

This allows you to create teams with your members...

If you disable campaigns and just assign quests to everyone you shouldn't any problems.

Burt

Quote from: Fog on February 25, 2014, 11:49:20 PM
Burt have you gone in and changed up permissions?

I created an Alpha Group and a Beta Group...Then you have to go to each member and tweak their account settings to include the new membership group.

This allows you to create teams with your members...

If you disable campaigns and just assign quests to everyone you shouldn't any problems.

Hi Fog...

Yes I have create three new member group (A B C) and I have assign to each one the permissions for each different Campaign (A=Alpha, B=Beta, C=Delta)...

So you reckon disabling the campaign in the game does fix the problem hey... ;D ;D  ;D

Thanks Fog.... that was very funny, but I'm trying to test the mod here....

Burt

NekoJonez

Ps: I fully updated the uft8 language files.

Fog

QuoteThanks Fog.... that was very funny, but I'm trying to test the mod here....

Burt, let me step aside.

UD...You now have Battle Admin control on my site, my users will give you the best feedback on campaign problems.