Daily Lucky Numbers:

E-Arcade to SMF Arcade conversion tool

Started by Chen Zhen, July 06, 2013, 01:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chen Zhen

Gamepacks are in the download section.
Click on "Downloads" from the navigation bar and you will find many gamepacks.
Some of the latter ones contain HTML5 games and should state what type they are in the download details/description.

vince

I'm in the process of maki g some html5 game packs for dl and will update here when I'm ready I also have lots of jva html5 games but I think I'm gonna just ditch them , I also believe  as to what Chen stated they may be intrusive . The new ones I'm collecting now come from trusted sources

Daniel Hofverberg

Quote from: Chen Zhen on November 03, 2020, 06:41:17 PMGamepacks are in the download section.
Click on "Downloads" from the navigation bar and you will find many gamepacks.
Some of the latter ones contain HTML5 games and should state what type they are in the download details/description.
Thank you. I can see it now, although I could have sworn that category wasn't there when I checked yesterday...

Daniel Hofverberg

I have executed the E-Arcade to SMF Arcade conversion tool with no problems, but now when I try to install SMF Arcade I get the following error:

"Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes
File: /var/www/html/forum/Packages/temp/arcadeinstall/Subs-Install.php
Line: 34

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.17, while your database is at version 2.0. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php."

What does that mean, and how do I resolve this?

Daniel Hofverberg

Quote from: Chen Zhen on October 21, 2020, 08:24:20 PMThere is a skin & list available that is close to what you had in E-Arcade as well.
Could you please tell me what skin and list type (and possibly other settings) I should choose, in order to get a look as close to e-Arcade as possible?

I have tried looking around in the Arcade Settings, but there isn't a lot of information available on what everything means...

Chen Zhen

Navigate to:

Admin -> Arcade -> Arcade Settings

Adjust these settings:

Select List Type -> Retro

Select Skin Type -> Defiant

When you opt the skin type, specific settings will come up for that skin & list.
You can use those to adjust the appearance of the skin and/or list on your arcade page.

If you want your users to have the option of changing the skin and/or list to their taste you can go to your SMF permission settings and allow various membergroups those profile options. The settings you put in the arcade admin are the defaults.

Skhilled

Quote from: Daniel Hofverberg on November 09, 2020, 06:18:30 AMNote: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.17, while your database is at version 2.0. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php."

It means that you've probably upgraded your forum via the admin link in SMF instead of doing it manually. This is a long time bug that they refuse to acknowledge or fix. To fix it, follow this article I've created long ago in the link below. Just make sure that you download the large upgrade package for the SMF version that you are currently using (2.0.17) found here:

https://download.simplemachines.org/

Then follow the article I've made here:

https://www.docskillz.com/docs/index.php?page=page202

Chen Zhen

I moved that part to a fresh thread about the issue & solved the problem.

ref.
https://web-develop.ca/index.php?topic=616

Daniel Hofverberg

Quote from: Skhilled on November 14, 2020, 09:19:27 PM
Quote from: Daniel Hofverberg on November 09, 2020, 06:18:30 AMNote: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.17, while your database is at version 2.0. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php."

It means that you've probably upgraded your forum via the admin link in SMF instead of doing it manually. This is a long time bug that they refuse to acknowledge or fix. To fix it, follow this article I've created long ago in the link below. Just make sure that you download the large upgrade package for the SMF version that you are currently using (2.0.17) found here:

https://download.simplemachines.org/

Then follow the article I've made here:

https://www.docskillz.com/docs/index.php?page=page202
Thank you. I have managed to upgrade the database now.

It had nothing to do with this issue, as was resolved in this thread, apart from getting rid of the message about the outdated database - but of course it's good to have the latest database structure for SMF.

Skhilled

No problem. ;D

It can be annoying and can cause issues with some mods. Some mods are coded to make sure the db is the same version as the forum files. It's more of a PITA than anything else. LOL