Daily Lucky Numbers:

No Scores Submiting

Started by masodo, July 14, 2018, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

masodo

I recently installed SMF Arcade 2.56.05 into my SMF 2.0.15 forum that is also running SimplePortal 2.3.7.

I have installed and wiped-out the arcade 3 times including dropping all arcade tables from the database but am having no luck getting games to submit scores to the system. When clicking the "Submit" in the games it acts as though nothing has happened and just sets there. It does not "hang" because I can click reset and play the game again for example.

Any suggestions on where I might look to get scoring to work again? I suspect folder permission somewhere along the line since the Forum itself has been moved from one host to another. After moving, the existing arcade seemed to be okay but it would not save scores either. That's when I tracked down the latest SMF Arcade to update to and while the uninstall of the previous and the installation of the new arcade went smoothly with no errors; and the arcade functionality seems perfect - the only complaint being inability to save scores (or even submit scores it seems) - any advice would be appreciated.

BTW- I changed the "cache" folder perms to 777 but that had no effect. From "Games" (on down) set perms to 755.

Chen Zhen

Imo do not use 0777 for folders or files.
For a linux based OS (ie. Ubuntu, CentOS, etc.) it should be 0755 for folders & 0644 for files.
When adjusting permissions ensure you put 4 digits (include the 0).

If you are using a Linux OS & Apache & have VPS or Dedicated, use these commands:

This is assuming your forum folder is public_html & you need to replace USERNAME with your OS username that public_html is located in.

find public_html -type d -exec chmod 0755 {} \;
find public_html -type f -exec chmod 0644 {} \;

Set home directory to apache ownership:
chown -R apache:apache /home/USERNAME/public_html

Set home directory to allow FTP access while owner is apache:
setfacl -R -m u:USERNAME:rwx /home/USERNAME/public_html

For the arcade also try setting it to auto adjust save types.
To play HTML5 games you may also need to use Arcade Maintenance to create a X-Frame .htaccess file.

masodo

Thanks for the reply Chen Zhen!

I looked into all that you suggested and unfortunately it did not solve my problem of not recording scores.

I ended up removing all modules and performed a SMF 2.0.15 Large Upgrade (again) - reinstalled arcade, portal and other mods and everything just started working again. No doubt some sort of file corruption somewhere along the way.

Thanks again for all your valuable contributions to this platform.