Daily Lucky Numbers:

Arcade Errors

Started by Ronald, April 03, 2018, 09:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

Uploading games works OK.

Installing games I get this error: Game folder already exists and contains files - attempting to remove compressed files ~ installation aborted. Folder: caliberdashSte

I click back and finishing installing the games. The games now go into the right place, then I click on edit games, and put them in there proper category's.

Now when I go to the forum, the games have all been reported in the Broken Game forum..

This started after the last edit..

Ron..

Chen Zhen

If you're attempting to install games & get that message it means you already had that game folder in your Games path & it contained files within that game folder. So you're telling me you back clicked to attempt to circumvent the aborted install? Why would you do that?

It only aborted that particular game decompression or others it had the same issue with and would have continued to install all others.
Next time just continue without "back" clicking in the middle of uploading games.

When you go to actually install the games (after they have been uploaded & decompressed) it likely would have installed that game properly if it was not already installed.

Assuming you have copies of all your game archives on your computer, go to Arcade Maintenance and click on:
Purge ../Games Directory Of Unused Game Folders

Then afterward use this option:
Update GameCache

That should clean your Games directory of any game folders that are either empty or not installed.
Make sure you have copies of all your game archives prior to doing that though.

Ronald

Purged everything. The error for installing games went away, but the system still reports all the games and puts them in Broken Game Report forum.

Chen Zhen

Perhaps the issue was because you backed out in the middle of installing multiple game files and attempted to install them twice.
I suppose I didn't test that scenario so it's good in a way that you discovered a problem when doing that.

What I will do is use javascript to intently rewrite the browser history in the game installer so it goes back to a specific part of the arcade admin when the back button is used during that process. That should stop it from producing that behavior.

If you want to grant me admin access again I should be able to fix things up.
Either send me another PM or change your p/w to the one you PM'ed me before.

Thanks.

Ronald

Quote from: Chen Zhen on April 04, 2018, 06:26:12 PMPerhaps the issue was because you backed out in the middle of installing multiple game files and attempted to install them twice.
I suppose I didn't test that scenario so it's good in a way that you discovered a problem when doing that.

What I will do is use javascript to intently rewrite the browser history in the game installer so it goes back to a specific part of the arcade admin when the back button is used during that process. That should stop it from producing that behavior.

If you want to grant me admin access again I should be able to fix things up.
Either send me another PM or change your p/w to the one you PM'ed me before.

Thanks.

Sure go for it Chen, everything is the same..but I will pm you again anyways.

Thanks

Ron.

Chen Zhen

Games seem to install and work properly.
However the post option for the games is not working correctly.
This may be due to changes in SMF 2.1 but I am not sure as I have not tested that feature in quite some time.

Is the post the only thing not working correctly because games seem to work?
The only thing I did was adjust your Games directory permission to 0755.
Also I adjusted your css path to the same permission value because it was throwing errors and now it seems to be working fine.

re. 16bitwizardAE
You only have one game that I can see not working & that is likely due to the game file itself.
Uninstall, delete and upload it again.
If that specific game does not work after that then I suggest searching another IBP website for a different copy of the same game.

Chen Zhen

Posting games for SMF 2.1 is now fixed.
I already installed the latest fixed version on your forum (Version 2.56.02).

Chen Zhen

I need to fix something else in the arcade regarding your sql mode settings.
On your forum the games list on the user arcade page does not populate properly because the newer GROUP BY additions have somehow changed COUNT behavior.
This will be fixed this weekend.