Daily Lucky Numbers:

Unable to find parent

Started by Ronald, December 01, 2018, 08:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

I have 6 pages of games I am trying to install. I keep getting this message: [Board structure corrupt: unable to find parent board] How do I correct this..

I had to remove these pages to install other games, but I keep getting this message on other installs..

I am running: SMF Arcade 2.56.12-beta2  on a SMF 2.0.15 forum.

Chen Zhen

You have the post games to forum option enabled but set the wrong board id#.
It sounds as though the board id# you chose no longer exists or is not accessible to the user id you chose to post the new games.

Since you gave me temp admin access, I took a brief look at it.
At the moment I do not have time to look further but the board id# you set is 12 yet your Arcade board id# is 13.
I set it to 13 but I did not look at user #2 permission access.

Ronald

Quote from: Chen Zhen on December 01, 2018, 02:37:12 PMYou have the post games to forum option enabled but set the wrong board id#.
It sounds as though the board id# you chose no longer exists or is not accessible to the user id you chose to post the new games.

Since you gave me temp admin access, I took a brief look at it.
At the moment I do not have time to look further but the board id# you set is 12 yet your Arcade board id# is 13.
I set it to 13 but I did not look at user #2 permission access.

Thanks for the fix.

User #2 is myself, permissions same as Admin .

I will install some games see what happens.

Chen neither #1 or #2 can install ant games, when trying to download games I get a red circle with a line thought it..

Chen when you hace a chance maybe you can check this out .

Thanks.

Ron..

Chen Zhen

Disable the snowflakes mod for the Admin section in its settings (I just did it for you).
It was because 2 JQuery scripts were being loaded on the same page causing a conflict.

The admin view option for snowflakes should only be used when you are adjusting settings for it so you can see the look of it.
Other than that it should be disabled (Admin View unchecked) so it does not cause problems like that.

Chen Zhen

Come to think of it, I can foresee a problem with HTML5 games and the Snowflakes mod on the SMF 2.0 branch.
Flash games should work just fine but their may be conflicts with HTML5 games that use JQuery libraries.

I am going to add an admin option to the Snowflakes mod to disable it for specific actions and/or sub-actions.
This way it can be adjusted to disable itself while playing arcade games.

Ronald

Chen still having a big problem..

I can install the Game Packs with no problems. But now when it comes time to install the games I get this message all the time: [Board structure corrupt: unable to find parent board]

What is causing this?

I have another 6 pages of games waiting..

Chen Zhen

You seem to be changing your boards at the moment.
In the arcade admin, disable posting new games until you are satisfied with your board structure.

It is the same problem as before.
You assign a board id in the arcade admin but then delete that board in your forum.
You can't assign an id that no longer exists.

Ronald

Quote from: Chen Zhen on December 02, 2018, 11:56:59 AMYou seem to be changing your boards at the moment.
In the arcade admin, disable posting new games until you are satisfied with your board structure.

It is the same problem as before.
You assign a board id in the arcade admin but then delete that board in your forum.
You can't assign an id that no longer exists.

Works like a charm now. Thanks.

The reason for deleting the Board was to get rid of 6 pages of reported games..

SMF you can only delete one post at a time, really bad feature..

bigguy

Quote from: Ronald on December 02, 2018, 12:49:48 PMSMF you can only delete one post at a time, really bad feature..

You can delete more than one post at a time in SMF.