Daily Lucky Numbers:

SMF Arcade 2.5 RC5 [GitHub] NOT OFFICIAL

Started by Chen Zhen, February 22, 2017, 12:17:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chen Zhen

Chen Zhen

Template fixes, Defiant template (E-Arcade template clone) and any bug fixes are still pending.

This version has these changes thus far:

+ Added specific user settings for PM and/or EMail notifications
+ Added option to send notification Emails/PMs in bulk
+ Main language files loaded with pre_load hook
! Eliminated/changed deprecated css in templates
! Various aesthetic template fixes for light/dark themes
! Fixed profile area to show users top 10 - 1st, 2nd & 3rd high score placements
! Fixed SMF 2.1 installation for profile area hook changes
! Fixed PM, EMail & Arena/Match notifications

Admin arcade settings now has an option for bulk Email & PM.
This is mostly for when a forum has a lot of arcade users with their notify "any" setting enabled.
Most Admins should just leave it disabled.

Users now have 7 notification settings in their profile arcade settings (2 are new).
own & any behave the same as before (but actually work now)
three match notifications still the same (but should work now)
email & pm so they can opt which type of notification they want

If they have the SMF forum setting of relaying PM's to their email (outside of arcade settings) then the arcade will only send them a PM if that arcade setting enabled.
If they have the arcade notification for PM disabled but email is enabled then it will send them the email regardless of the SMF PM profile setting.

That is how it should logically behave. Let me know if it does not by reporting it in this thread.
Thanks.

Skhilled

Ok, I've created a test site for this and registration is Admin Approval only due to spammers. I have not installed any games yet and have only just installed the arcade and not other mods. When I go to the arcade I see this:

http://docskillz.com/arcade/index.php?action=arcade

As you can see there are some CSS issues with the placement of the upshrink as well as the catbg's and titlebg's, etc. I'll wait until you respond to this before adding any games.

Chen Zhen

Nice.. The css for templates is not one of my strong points therefore I need to test all templates with various things enabled & disabled.
For now I will adjust your forum which is a great test for SMF 2.0. When we get the default theme working nicely then we can test a few custom themes.
After that I can try adjusting the css out on the SMF 2.1 branch.

What you reported has been fixed although the arcade info center is disabled.
No games in the list yet & no arena notifications displayed at this point.
Perhaps test the arcade info center first & then when that is fixed add some games.

Chen Zhen

New things I noticed that should be fixed/adjusted:

- redo method for who is in arcade (db using user id/name & time -> ie. last 10 mins)
- slightly round the corners of background to arcade info centre
- fix titles within top arcade list (titlebg not appearing correctly on dark theme)
- cell spacing border shows on reg categories for certain themes (not default)
- upload routines need adjustment (both)
- admin option/settings to work with points mod
- E-Arcade clone template (Defiant)

Skhilled

Great additions and fixes proposed!

If you need help with any CSS issues let me know cause I know a few people that may be able to help. Just show me a screenie of what needs fixing.