Daily Lucky Numbers:

EhPortal and Theme by Webtiryaki

Started by ontime, November 11, 2023, 03:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ontime

Hi I upgraded forums to SMF 2.1.4 and EhPortal 1.39.5, I am trying to run themes made by Webtiryaki which are, UIS Theme and the Peacock theme, they both work fine when viewed by computer, when you look at them with a android phone and Enable Responsive Display you can see they are not compatible, the theme for right now is the USI theme I would like to make that the default theme and let users select several themes as they wish,so if I could get someone to please take a look at this I will be thankfull, I will provide a link to the forums which is  FWE Clan Forums goto the site with a computer first to see what it looks like, then use your phone to see the difference  (Use Your Android Phone) you can go to the portal click on  select themes (upper left block) and select the USI theme the go back to the forums and you will see the color is white and you cannot get back to the portal because the menus are gone and the words run of the page. thank you very much ontime

Chen Zhen

I can see that via your website those 2 themes are having mobile/responsive display issues and will test out a fix shortly.

weatherlybehave

Hello there,

I understand that you've recently upgraded your forums to SMF 2.1.4 and EhPortal 1.39.5, and you're facing compatibility issues with the UIS Theme and Peacock theme, particularly when viewed on Android phones with the "Enable Responsive Display" option.

I tried to access your forum on my computer and then on my Android phone as per your instructions. It seems like there's indeed an issue with the responsive display, especially when switching to the USI theme on a mobile device. The menus disappearing and text running off the page are clear indicators of responsiveness challenges.

To address this issue, you might want to consider the following steps:

1. **Check Theme Documentation:**
   Review the documentation provided by Webtiryaki for the UIS Theme and Peacock theme. There might be specific instructions or updates related to responsiveness for different devices.

2. **Update Themes:**
   Ensure that you are using the latest versions of the UIS Theme and Peacock theme that are compatible with SMF 2.1.4 and EhPortal 1.39.5.

3. **Forum Configuration:**
   Check your SMF forum settings related to theme and responsiveness. There might be options or configurations that can help address the mobile display issues.

4. **Contact Theme Developer:**
   Reach out to Webtiryaki or the developer of the themes directly. They might be aware of the issue and could provide guidance or updates to resolve the compatibility problems.

5. **SMF Community Support:**
   Post your concerns on the Simple Machines Forum (SMF) community or support forums. The community might have experienced similar issues and could offer valuable insights or solutions.

I hope these suggestions help in resolving the responsiveness issues on Android devices. If you provide more details or updates, I'd be happy to assist further. Good luck with fixing the problem!

ontime

Hi, Thanks you for your reply's, just to let you all know I have a test site SMF 2.1.4 a fresh install I ran the themes through which was using tiny portal and no issues, The themes were not built for the updated version of SMF AND PHONE COMPATIBLE That is OK, I have a new default theme I am using which seems to do the job,the themes thatwebtiryaki.com build for SMF  are beautiful themes and have some unique features that are really nice and make your forums stand out, the same as EhPortal Former SimplePortal which i ran in my forums about 10 years you all do beautiful work, keep up the good work and thank you. Merry Christmas

replikacep

Defined Title Class: catbg2 , catbg2 ,titlebg, titlebg2 :  If you select them, they are broken in mobile

Defined Content Class:  windowbg2 , windowbg2 , information ,  : based on the un-added mobile theme

Isn't it better if you follow the path : portal css 

find

body
{
 min-width: 750px;
}

change :

@media only screen and (max-width: 750px), only screen and (min-resolution: 300dpi) {

#sp_main #sp_left, #sp_main #sp_center, #sp_main #sp_right {
 display: block;
 width: auto !important;
 padding: 0;
 }
}