Daily Lucky Numbers:

ehportal help

Started by bigguy, November 08, 2015, 09:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigguy

Any chance on gettin a bit of help with eh portal. ;)   8)

Chen Zhen

Yes of course.
What seems to be the issue?

bigguy

I have it installed and the portal does not show up. I'm using standalone. Plus I keep getting these errors popping up:

Use of undefined constant WIRELESS - assumed 'WIRELESS'

I have solved this error. In two places in subs-portal.php I think it is called. Two lines have WIRELESS instead of 'wireless' line 705 and one in the 22 something range I think it is.

bigguy

Sorry I have to say. I thought I installed it but it won't let me. The error I posted above could be from SMF 2.1. So the reason it is not installed is because of this error DURING install:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(255) NOT NULL default ''' at line 2

bigguy

Line 524 of install.php seems to be giving the error if that helps. Sorry, been off the computer all summer and may have forgot how to post, lol.

bigguy

So it is installed but that mysql error is right. After fixing the wireless error, shown in an above edited post here the portal will still not show

Chen Zhen

My apologies for not responding sooner.
Did you by any chance change any path allocation or perhaps start with a fresh standalone file?
The PortalStandalone.php file should be placed in the parent directory and renamed to index.php.
Then you need to adjust the path variable within that file itself and also go to the portal's admin settings & set the path to the file in the parent directory.
Did you do this procedure?

bigguy

I'm sorry as well for how messed up my posts are, lol. I tried to install it and because I saw nothing happen and got the mysql error I thought it did not install. It did install. but the portal will not show. I have the forum in a folder off the public_html directory called community. I have renamed the portalstandalone.php file to index.php and set the path in that file to 'public_html/community'. I have also set the url in the admin panel. As posted above I did get rid of the error I was having. Right now though I think maybe the mysql error I got could have something to do with the portal not showing but I am not sure. I hope that clears things up a tad bit more. :)

Chen Zhen

I do not know what is causing your db error.
I have installed EhPortal on the latest GitHub version of SMF 2.1 and have determined that you are correct in pointing out an issue with wireless detection.
The browser detection is sent to $context['browser'] and can detect if the user is using a mobile device.
I will attach a temporary install package to this post that should work for you although it is not an actual release as I have detected some other issues with the standalone mode that must be fixed.
Thank you for the report.

bigguy

I'll give that a shot, thanks.

bigguy

That's not working out either:

Unknown column 'spb.permission_set' in 'field list'
File: /home/bigguy/public_html/community/Sources/Subs-Portal.php
Line: 386

Chen Zhen

The installation is still showing issues with standalone mode when I test it although I can not duplicate any actual database errors.
This is testing on a local installation using standalone mode.
I will have to set up a live installation using a sub directory with standalone to see if I can duplicate what you are witnessing.
Perhaps later tonight I will have time to look this over.

bigguy

That sounds great sir. My site is not open yet so it's not hurting anything right now. I will be glad when this is sorted though. When you have time. :)

Chen Zhen

Just for reference this is the edits the dev team performed that removed the WIRELESS constant.
ref. https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/commit/8c3de44aff61f5003cc09efc3dcaef8005018f43

I am leaning toward some other recent changes are causing the use of the SSI.php file to not set some of the globals properly.
This can possibly be an error/bug within the SMF 2.1.X branch that was overlooked or perhaps I am doing something wrong with the portal setup to cause it.

bigguy

Did you set up a live site to see if you could see the database errors.