Daily Lucky Numbers:

PDL/Skin Combo

Started by Chen Zhen, July 06, 2013, 01:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chen Zhen

SMF ARCADE PDL Package
For SMF Arcade v2.5 RC2

This will add the following optional features to SMF Arcade:

• Auto-posting: option for displaying the game inside the post itself (or text only if preferred)
  • Popup/BBC/PHP Block: option to display games in these formats
  • Game Downloading: option for enabling game downloads from your arcade. Restrictions for users on amount of posts and downloads per day can be preset.
    Downloads can be disabled for specific games or all games.
    Game files are auto-zipped and storage is optional.
    Permissions can be set for this option.
  • Secondary Game Template:  option for enabling a game template with a personal background.
    A panoramic picture approx. 2000 x 1600 is recommended.
  • Error Reporting:    Links can be displayed in the arcade for reporting game errors.
    Permissions can be set for this option.
  • A list is provided in the Arcades/PDL Settings menu that can be edited for error reporting and/or disabling downloads of specific games.
  • The default arcade game list template is modified to include these features.
  • Jeza template included with this combo package
  • Option to auto adjust improper save type settings
  • IBP 3.2 support

Written by Underdog     

After install, check the Admin / Arcade / Settings.
      Make/enable settings and features of this modification from the arcade admin settings menu.

PDL-Skin-Combo is for SMF Arcade v2.5 RC2

Version 1.0.3 is only necessary for those that lack the appropriate PEAR support.

Version 1.04 has some template fixes and includes PEAR support. It is advised for everyone to use this version.

Skhilled

When you switch to the Jeza Skin it breaks the template on the Stats page. I have not played any games yet but you can see it here:

http://docskillz.com/arcade/index.php?action=arcade;sa=stats

It is also missing the "Arcade" and "Statistics" buttons that are on the other pages. See first image.

Edit:

Also, Most Played for the Skin shows "No games available for playing" even though there are games installed but no one has played a game yet which is incorrect. It should say something like "No games played yet". See 2nd image.

Chen Zhen

Skhilled,

Thanks for the report and I will take a look at those issues shortly. When I fix it a new version will be posted.
If you don't mind give it a good run through to see if I need to fix anything else prior to releasing a new version.

Thanks.

Skhilled

No problem. I am fixing up SMF Arcade RC2 version. There are a few cosmetic things out of place and I upgraded it to work with SMF 2.0.7. I was going to upgrade Jeza's Skin to work with 2.0.7 but noticed this mod and decided to use it at Beast's site instead. I figured I'd give it the once over to be sure first and noticed that. Been busy most of the day and haven't finished looking it over just yet...

Chen Zhen

The statistics page works fine although it will not show any data when no games have been played because it does not have any stats.
I could have it display that no games have been played.

Skhilled

Nope, does the same with stats. I played a game just to add stats to see.

http://docskillz.com/arcade/index.php?action=arcade;sa=stats

Chen Zhen

It is working for me, perhaps I changed something long ago on the version I have on my HDD ?

Please try the attachment and let me know if the stats page works properly on it.
This one includes some changes which you requested and the PEAR support is loaded only if those classes are not available.

Skhilled

Hmmm, I downloaded v1.0.2 since I believe I didn't need extra PEAR support. So, I've give this one a shot. :)

Skhilled

Ok, started over with a completely new forum and db. It still does it but only with the Jeza Skin. Using the default works fine. Not sure what the diff is, must be something with my server?

Chen Zhen

The PEAR & PEAR5 support is only for .tar files whereas if you do not have the necessary classes loaded within PHP it will load them from supplied files. In most cases it will already be loaded into your PHP and it will not be necessary. There are a few people who had issues with that so I included it in the package.

I should really rewrite the whole package because my coding practice has been honed in the past few years whereas I would never release something so disorganized. Jeza's template files are the worst although I did not code those & just used them as they were with the exception of adding a few things and fixing others.
It does work without error and is XHTML compliant but that's about it.

Is this loaded on your forum? Shall I take a look at what you are referring to?

Skhilled

It is a test site: http://docskillz.com/arcade

Registration is open atm. You should still have access to everything as before. If you need something just ask or change it yourself.

I did notice something strange in SMF that may be a cosmetic issue but with Curves only. If you go to Browse Packages where it says:"Modification Packages". You can see the titbg on the left side is not right. Never noticed that until I started testing this. The problem is that I do not see it when using my forums that I've upgraded (Docskillz, etc.) but see it on newly created forums. I'm wondering if there is a diff in coding between the upgrade and fresh install versions of SMF...

Chen Zhen

The stats page is showing up for me as a guest. My username doesn't seem to be in that database so I will register to test it with general permissions.

Skhilled

Nope, that is a brand new site...I am the only user so far.

Chen Zhen

I signed on as a member and tested it whereas it seems to work fine for me.

Skhilled

Yes, it works but look at the bottom of the page...

That is what I'm talking about... I see it in all browsers.