Daily Lucky Numbers:

Can’t access admin settings for Arcade

Started by Kone, August 25, 2020, 03:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kone

Excellent mod btw... I'll installed the latest stable version 2.26.12 and everything installed fine, but when I access the arcade admin settings, every link give me an error. I've attached a screenshot of the admin settings. I also get an error for the admin games settings.

Kone

vince

What php version you running ? If it's prior to 5.5 I think that may have something to do with it

vince

Chen Zhen

You will need PHP 5.6 or a higher version to use this modification.
I recommend updating your PHP version to 7.1 or higher.

The latest stable PHP version at the time of this post is PHP 7.4.9 which means PHP 7.5.0 is likely to be released very shortly.
In my opinion no host should be providing any PHP version previous to the PHP 7 branch.
Although some hosts leave it up to the customer to upgrade via a control panel such as CPanel or Plesk.

Anyone running a VPS or Dedicated server would likely know to upgrade PHP on their own via a terminal.
I will put a notification in the readme regarding the minimal PHP version and recommended PHP version.

Kone

Thank you for your replies. I think I'm on PHP version 7.3.6 any other suggestions of what the problem could be?

IMG_2646.jpg

Chen Zhen

The error you describe should only occur in PHP versions prior to 5.5.
If you are indeed using PHP 7.3, the error should not occur.

To test what PHP version you are using you can do the following:

Install a portal modification (ie. Simple Portal).
Create a PHP type block and enter the following code for the block:

echo '<div style="font-size: 1.2em;">', phpinfo(), '</div>';

You can preview the block or save it and view it on your portal.
(Imo do not keep it viewable to your users though)

This will show the PHP version which I suspect is older than you think.