Daily Lucky Numbers:

PDL/Skin Combo

Started by Chen Zhen, July 06, 2013, 01:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chen Zhen

Oh ok I did not know what you were referring to as I thought you meant it was not displaying any information.
I see the bottom of the template is messed up and needs to be fixed so I will do that & post another copy for you to test.

Chen Zhen

It looks ok on a local installation with the default theme.
Did you adjust something within the SMF Arcade package to possibly cause that?
I am using SMF Arcade 2.5 RC2 and the PDL/Skin 1.04 and it shows ok on default + 2 other custom themes.

Btw - when you edit the Arcade to release another version, delete the minesweeper game from the package.

Chen Zhen

Try the plugin that is attached to this post.
Let me know if it has fixed the issue.

Regards.

Skhilled

I was using the version I had on my site...maybe there is something wrong with that one. But it does not do it until I install the combo. If I view the Stats without the combo it looks fine.

I planned on deleting all references to Minesweeper cause itself is no longer included but throws errors from it cause of the leftover code.

I'll try this one on a new forum and see...

Skhilled

Now this one works. I used v1.0.4 last time...I think. LOL I used the one in your last post and it works well now.

Hmmm, this one uses Jeza Skin but default. The other ones I tested used the default arcade skin and I had to switch to Jeza. I switched back and forth to make sure and the issue at the bottom of the page is now gone. :)

Chen Zhen

The database values from when the mod installs remain. It defaults to the default skin only when it has not been installed prior or if that is what you had it set to from when it was previously installed.

Yes it is fixed now although not so much for people using pretty url. Let me know if there is anything else to adjust in it.

Skhilled

Every time I installed it, it was a fresh install with a clean db except for the last time where I just deleted all arcade tables so to leave the users intact and you can still login.

Will play with it some more and see if I find anything else. But it looks great so far. :)

Skhilled

Quote from: Napalm on June 17, 2014, 11:21:16 AM
Btw - when you edit the Arcade to release another version, delete the minesweeper game from the package.

Works Ok except I can't fix the titlebg at the bottom left here:

http://www.docskillz.com/arcade/index.php?action=arcade

The left sides are squared and should be curved. I can fix it in index.css but that would require adding that code to main.xml...once i figure that out. LOL I would rather have it so it is incorporated into the arcade itself but whatever is needed will have to do.

Otherwise, the PDL/Skin combo seems to be working as it should. :)

Skhilled

wOOOOOO hOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Got it fixed courtesy of my friend Rocknroller!  8)

http://www.docskillz.com/arcade2/index.php?action=arcade

Added the code to arcade.css so a lot of edited did not have to be done. Am zipping it up now.  ;D

EDIT: Done! Download is here:

http://www.docskillz.com/docs/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item77

Post is here:

http://www.docskillz.com/docs/index.php?topic=323.0

Skhilled

I have a user that was having problems trying to figure out which submit type the games used. So, he came up with code so that the arcade checks for the proper submit type. Please read this and tell me what you think of it:

http://www.docskillz.com/docs/index.php?topic=624.0

Chen Zhen

goto ??   :o ~ recurring goto commands should be avoided.
I do not think that will work at all.

The idea of correcting the save type is good though.
Although it requires something different than what was posted.

Please note that attaining games from an appropriate source that includes a properly configured php file should set the save type properly. Authors of custom games should also include a properly configured php file within thier compressed archive. Doing this will negate the need for what you describe.

Skhilled

Yes, but a lot of the old games that I have in my downloads do not have the .php file included and never did. I think eeeK aka TheBoss was going to start doing that before he disappeared.

Chen Zhen

TheBoss used an older version of the SMF Arcade as his code base which did not need the php file as it figured out the save type at the time of committing the score to the database. I believe Niko changed it because it did not always work properly and the standard of other Arcade mods (for other forum platforms) use a php file configured with appropriate variables to make the necessary save type settings.

The arcade does record the necessary save type to the error log therefore at that point I should be able to rig something up that changes the type automatically. I can make it an admin setting to allow those changes to occur.

Skhilled

Sounds good! MKJ did say the code he posted worked for him but I knew you'd find a different/better way to do it. ;)

Chen Zhen

His edit might work if it was adjusted with the last condition which was cut off in his post.

I have attached version 1.0.5 to the first post which has the edits that were requested.
The feature must be enabled at the bottom of the PDL admin settings.
This has only been briefly tested so I would appreciate some feedback.
If there is any issues please report it and let me know the game being used and a link to download it for testing.

Regards.