This is not to be meant as a support question but rather question about the Arcades future.
Are there any plan to migrate the current versions over to SMF 2.1.x?
Yes I plan to make it compatible with the SMF 2.1(.X) branch although at this time I am preoccupied with other unrelated projects.
Just an update...
I already have an update I am working on that functions with the SMF 2.1.X branch as well as many other fixes.
The thing I am working on at this time is an extra template. I can't promise any release date but I should have time to finish a release candiidate within a month.
It's on my GitHub page right now but the B template does not function just yet although other fixes are in place & it works for SMF 2.1.
I have not had time to work on it much lately.
When completed I plan to allow an option (permission granted) for the user to opt between the 3 templates which will be saved to the db.
Unfortunately most mobile devices do not use flash by default although with the new battery tech coming out soon that may change again.
There are browsers for portable devices that have flash built-in but using flash will drain the battery quite fast with the current tech used.
I think I had it installed on the last new site I opened. I'm pretty sure I did.
The SMF 2.1 version has only been publicly available on my GitHub account since Aug. 19th.
There was an issue with a db function what I just fixed (on the GitHub download).
A function that worked on the SMF 2.0.X branch seems to have been omitted & is also removed from the SMF wiki.
I will assume it was deprecated at some point.
Anyhow it has now been removed from the installer.
read_tgz_file function possibly changed in the SMF 2.1.X branch?!
Tested: SMF 2.0.X branch -> works fine
Tested: SMF 2.1.X branch -> games will not install / read_tgz_file() issue
... solution is currently pending.
Note: Current updates only available on GitHub until known pending issues/changes have been applied.
- use of read_tgz_file function changed to unique subroutines
- allowance of uploading tar file fixed
- other various fixes/changes shown on github history for Dec 1/2015
pending known issues/changes:
- Defiant template incomplete
- larger game files require FTP transfer (perhaps change to routine that uploads files in "chunks")
Thanks for keeping us updated. Let me know when you want it tested.
You are welcome to test it at any time.
I just added another update a few minutes ago although the Defiant template has not been applied yet.
Unfortunately I had come across other issues that had to be fixed.
Also do note that ~ upload_max_filesize & post_max_size ~ within your php ini file may have to be adjusted higher for uploading game files that exceed your current limits.
This has always been the case with the arcade due to the use of the http protocol for file transference.
However I did update the upload template to use an optional HTML5 sub-routine with a progress bar. It will allow multiple files within the single browse window.
At the moment the latest updates are only available on my GitHub account which is located in my signature.
When you download it from Github it does not save it properly. It add a 2nd subfolder named "SMF-Arcade-RC4-master" then under that you can see the files. Those who download it and try to install it will not work for them unless they navigate to the subfolder and create a new zip and install that or upload all of the files manually via FTP.
It is ok as long as people testing it can figure it out.
The official release will be on this site when it is ready.
- completion of Defiant template (E-Arcade clone)
- drop down categories does not show current setting
(it keeps the setting during the session but does not display it)
- add user selection of arcade template & list plus save settings in user profile
- popup (child page) where guests are not permitted to play games is redirected to the SMF default login which is too large of a display for the popup and is visibly cut-off.
editing a game causes a session error (can not save) ~ improper session check fixed
unzip routine not working properly on some setups?!
css for game title in listB needs adjustment and/or allowance of custom control
A couple of updates were implemented today to fix some issues.
The issues listed in the last post with a strikethrough have been fixed.
For some reason unknown to me atm the newer zip decompress routine was not working for the SMF 2.0.X branch.
On the same note.. the original decompress routine (built into SMF) was not working for the SMF 2.1.X branch which is why I updated it in the first place.
Oh well, for now I have it using the routine that works depending on the branch being used.
I have only tested installing games on the SMF 2.1.X branch on a local installation meaning atm a live test is pending.
Installing games for the SMF 2.0.X branch had been tested live & local.
GitHub repo has been updated on Dec. 14/2015.