Started by Chen Zhen, July 20, 2013, 01:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fog

Chen Zhen

[SMF MOD] Battle_RC1.0_RC8.0_BETA-UD-18

Download:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=16649823433714617739

Changes:
- fixed issues with quest/campaign function (BattleMain.php)
- added drop-down for campaigns in quest template (carries campaign id in url for subsequent quests)
- admin -> changed to now allow deletion of any campaign (including defaults)
- admin -> added confirmation for all admin functions that involve db deletions
- added -> icons for admin functions
- admin -> functions now highlight current battle action
- admin -> added option to enable/disable battling members
- admin -> added option to enable/disable quests

I think I fixed some other stuff but I can't remember atm.. too tired!

If all works well the only thing I have left to do is fix all the UPDATE queries.. there are about 9 I have to change and then it will hopefully be fit for release. 

Fog

Right on...

You've gone far and above what I was first looking for.

I think what you've been able to create is a game with infinite outcomes.

Chen Zhen

[SMF MOD] Battle_v1.1

Download:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=08935319212665750701

Changes:
- fixed available/unavailable text in quest name
- fixed confirmation in maintenance
- changed version to v1.1 (stable)

I figure this is probably the release copy now so I changed its designation. I'm not going to bother changing those mysql UPDATE commands atm.. not unless the SMF team asks me to do so. I'm fairly sure they will ask me because they asked me to do it for Spamblocker. If this is the case, Imo someone should have developed a smcFunc to update just a few columns or adjust their smcFunc['db_insert'] to allow changing just a few column values across all common db types (instead of forcing the replace of all column values).

Anyhow,  test out this version for a few days and then if all goes well I will ask them to reopen the mod for me at SMF.  I have more ideas for the future version but I need to move on from this mod for now.

Thanks for testing and giving all these ideas.

Fog

Thanks Underdog...I'm looking forward to having this get released I know there will be a bunch that will enjoy the fact that this game is alive and well.

I may have to do an Tank Package of images...

We're ramping up for the NFL Season and getting our FFL and Pickems Games going if you want to be part of any of our leagues let me know.

Thanks Again

Fog

Fog

How does the scoring work on the Campaigns?

Chen Zhen

Fog,

The score is calculated as such:

$score = ($gold + $exp + $max_change[0] + $max_change[1] + $r['level']) * ($r['limit'] != 0 ? $r['limit'] : 1) * 10;

... this means....
(money gained + experience gained + 1st stat increase + 2nd stat increase + quest level) * (amount of times the quest need be completed) * 10

Put your tank images into a package that add them to /Themes/default/images/battle/monsters, post it in the Plugins & Hacks board and I will add it to the Plugins & Hacks list.

Chen Zhen

SA

nice one ud just been playing with the version on smf pretty sweet if i must say :)

told ya you wouldent need to reaprove it
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Customizer @ SimpleMachines

Chen Zhen

Actually Gary reinstated it but put it in the approval queue for the customization team to look it over. It got approved about 1 - 1.5 hours later.
If someone looked it over it was very brief.

Chen Zhen

There is a couple of things I wish I'd changed now since releasing it but they are minor and can wait until the next release (v1.11).
I will wait until people make some requests and perhaps implement anything simple & quick prior to doing that.

For reference, the scoring should have been done like this:

$maxComplete = (int)$r['complete'] <= 5 ? (int)$r['complete'] : 5;
$score = ($gold + $exp + $max_change[0] + $max_change[1] + $r['level']) * ((int)$r['complete'] < 1 ? 1 : $maxComplete) * 10;

This way it multiplies the numbers by the amount of times the quest has been completed up to a maximum of 5 (1 -5).

Also on the main admin screen, the boxes for the news and version do not line up vertically and are off by a couple of px. I did not notice this until today. 

Fog

I posted over on SMF to bump the thread since they unlocked it.

Chen Zhen

Thanks.

I will have to update the mod sooner than I thought since I found a small glitch. Users can cheat fairly easily by using the back button but I have found some simple javascript to put at the start of the battle template that disables the back button. Since it is at the start of the whole template, it works for explore, battle and quest. I could put it in just the start of those functions but I figure people can use the nav menu anyhow and its easier for me to do 1 edit.

Fog,

Since I am not going to release it just yet, I will attach a version for you with some fixes including what I just mentioned.

Download:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=68612786215012898963

Fog

Very good...One user should complain right away...LOL

Fog

When you don't want to have them battle members, one can go to their profiles and see a link to attack the member.  Then if you change the settings to no stats in profile it stacks all the info to the left hand side in one column.