Daily Lucky Numbers:

Battle v1.15 Beta Releases

Started by Chen Zhen, January 31, 2014, 10:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NekoJonez

So, since the move... Has there been a new beta?

SilverKnight

I want to request two features.

One, that each user can create "Characters", define a name, perhaps a race, things like that, adding further depth. The 2nd is that battle move to github.

SA

http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Customizer @ SimpleMachines

Chen Zhen

Quote from: SilverKnight
... each user can create "Characters" ...

That is a decent idea. I suppose I could set up permission restrictions for that section of the admin and a link to it on the battle page (if permitted to view it).
It will also need an image file upload routine. Unless the admin of the forum throws a bunch of images in the folder to opt from.

SilverKnight

Thank you, this is something i have wanted for some time and was looking into doing it myself but it's a fair amount of work.

My other suggestions other than characters would be:

Multiple outcomes to quests ( Two is not enough to avoid stagnation of repeating events )
Monster stats which can be compared to yours for different outcomes, such as a monsters speed\dexterity which can decide who attacks first for example or the outcome on if you could flee.
Monsters\characters having unique attacks\standard attacks, for example a dragon might have a fire attaack, a soldier you meet might shoot you with a bow, essentially different types of damage, this could also provide your character with effects such as being poisoned, fire damage etc.
A jobs\minor quest tab, one that a character trades energy for money, has certain outcomes like a quest, i already do this on my battle but in the main-quest tab.
A town\village biome that you can click on your map, could have multiple uses, friend\enemy town with some minor actions, however to make this work properly it would most likely need to be defined,

Fog

Quote from: Napalm on August 23, 2014, 04:37:35 PM
Quote from: SilverKnight
... each user can create "Characters" ...

That is a decent idea. I suppose I could set up permission restrictions for that section of the admin and a link to it on the battle page (if permitted to view it).
It will also need an image file upload routine. Unless the admin of the forum throws a bunch of images in the folder to opt from.

I was thinking sides...

I replace the monsters with WWII Tanks and have done both German Tanks and Russian Tanks Games.

Right now I'm using Total Annihilation units and this Game uses Core and Arm Commanders.  These Commanders, build metal extractors and energy makers, then build factories that build weapons. 

It would be cool if you could create a Tank Capt. or a Core/Arm Commander ID.

NekoJonez

Chen Zhen

NekoJonez,

v1.15-Beta6 is currently the most recent version available.
Both the last version posted in this thread (<-here->) and the version on GitHub are the same.

Regards.

NekoJonez

So, after I reset battle, I can't seem to give permission to all users to play the quests. :c

Chen Zhen

Did you use the Reset Quests option?

NekoJonez