2 servers

Started by Ronald, September 11, 2020, 09:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

I have arcadeholics.net on one server, SMF 2.0.17 arcade beta 2.6.1. The arcade will not play games.

I installed a Test Board of SMF 2.0.17 on a different server installed beta 2.6.0 installed 2 H5 games, and they play.

Now why does one work and the other not work. Both have the same PHP 7.4

Chen Zhen


Are the url & path settings correct in arcade admin?
There are recommended values you can click onto & then save.

Ronald

Quote from: Chen Zhen on September 11, 2020, 11:05:06 PMAre the url & path settings correct in arcade admin?
There are recommended values you can click onto & then save.


Sorry Chen, I don't follow you. I do see two links in the arcade settings, under the h5, is this what you mean, I click on each one and save??

Chen Zhen


They're under the title of "Path Settings".

Ronald

Quote from: Chen Zhen on September 12, 2020, 01:01:04 PMThey're under the title of "Path Settings".


I deled the both paths and reset both and saved.

Get the same thing..

Guess it's time to remove the forum.

Chen Zhen


I can see that the game icons in your list are also not showing.
In my opinion it is either an arcade directory setting that is wrong or the path permission are wrong for some reason.
I registered on that forum so if you want to give the chen zhen name access then I can take a look.


Chen Zhen


It might be a problem with the .htaccess in the Games folder path.
I'd like to debug this issue but it would be better for me to try things as admin instead of attempting to give you instructions.

Chen Zhen

September 12, 2020, 05:24:38 PM #7 Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 05:31:44 PM by Chen Zhen Reason: new arcade RC version
QuoteGuess it's time to remove the forum.

Testing/debugging requires patience.
It is impossible for me alone to see & test all scenarios on my own.
This is the purpose of beta/rc testers.
Also the arcade is a fairly complex modification.
If we can get it working well for all the rc/beta testers then the stable version should have little trouble.




Please uninstall RC2 if you are still using it & install Arcade RC3.

If you are still having problems, do the following:

To delete the .htaccess file in your Games folder navigate to:

Admin -> Arcade Admin -> Arcade Maintenance -> X-Frame

Click on the radio button for "Delete: Remove any configuration files located in the Games directory." and then click on the "Option" button.

Let me know if this fixes the problem.
If it does then I would still like admin permission so I can make the .htaccess file work for your forum environment.

Ronald

Quote from: Chen Zhen on September 12, 2020, 05:24:38 PM
QuoteGuess it's time to remove the forum.

Testing/debugging requires patience.
It is impossible for me alone to see & test all scenarios on my own.
This is the purpose of beta/rc testers.
Also the arcade is a fairly complex modification.
If we can get it working well for all the rc/beta testers then the stable version should have little trouble.




Please uninstall RC2 if you are still using it & install Arcade RC3.

If you are still having problems, do the following:

To delete the .htaccess file in your Games folder navigate to:

Admin -> Arcade Admin -> Arcade Maintenance -> X-Frame

Click on the radio button for "Delete: Remove any configuration files located in the Games directory." and then click on the "Option" button.

Let me know if this fixes the problem.
If it does then I would still like admin permission so I can make the .htaccess file work for your forum environment.

SMF will only function good with PHP Version 7.2. After removing and reinstalling, for the entire day, late last night I reinstalled and wow it finally started to work.

I just installed 2.6.0 for the Beta, do I need to remove 2.6.0 and then install the Beta..

Chen Zhen


Uninstall whichever version you are using and then install the version available here:

https://web-develop.ca/index.php?action=downloads;area=stable_smf_arcade_rc_/_beta

Ronald

Quote from: Chen Zhen on September 13, 2020, 09:43:45 AMUninstall whichever version you are using and then install the version available here:

https://web-develop.ca/index.php?action=downloads;area=stable_smf_arcade_rc_/_beta

It was working with 2.6.0. I removed 2.6.0 and installed SMF Arcade 2.6.1-RC3 no longer works.

Chen Zhen

It works for me locally & here on WebDev.
Also the other testers have not reported that version as not working.

I can not figure out what is wrong when you only say it is not working.
Why not set up an admin account for me on your site so I can at least see what is happening?
That way I can check the error log myself, adjust arcade settings, etc.

Ronald

Quote from: Chen Zhen on September 13, 2020, 01:08:55 PMIt works for me locally & here on WebDev.
Also the other testers have not reported that version as not working.

I can not figure out what is wrong when you only say it is not working.
Why not set up an admin account for me on your site so I can at least see what is happening?
That way I can check the error log myself, adjust arcade settings, etc.

Already did.  SMF Arcade 2.6.1-RC3 is uninstalled, but still sitting there.

I put 2.6.0 back in so I could add games and try them out.

You have the permissions, so if you want to uninstall 2.6.0 and install the beta go head, then you can check it out..

Beta will not work on my test board either.

Chen Zhen


It looks like a .htaccess or Apache configuration problem but I am not sure.
If you have a .htaccess in your main forum directory, please remove it temporarily so we can test that scenario.

It says too many redirects in the game container & that is why they don't show.
The arcade only initiates the inner frame once so I do not know why it is doing that.
The only thing I can think of at the moment is Apache is being directed to reload the container in a loop due to a mis-configuration. This is just a guess at this point because it is the only error I see.

Also you do not have a compatible cache accelerator installed.
Although that should not affect the arcade because docskillz does not have one either and the arcade works fine on skhilled's site.



Chen Zhen


Alright I figured out why the HTML5 games were not loading.
It had something to do with one of the directives that your Apache setup didn't like.
It is likely something I need to rewrite to make it behave properly.

The only other thing I see is that your flash game does not work in popup or fullscreen.
I will have to test things to see why that is happening.